- Courtyard Marriott Downtown Toronto
- U of T Community Event
- September 24, 2016 from 8:30am to 4:30pm
The Canadian Working Group on HIV and Rehabilitation (CWGHR) will be hosting its Annual General Meeting and Forum on HIV and Rehabilitation. The title of this year’s forum is Coming of Age: Exploring our Collective Response to HIV and Aging. This forum will highlight the great strides made in the response to HIV and aging in Canada since CWGHR’s inaugural Partners in Aging forum held in 2010, as well as providing a jumping-off point for our continued work in this area.
The population of people living with HIV in Canada is aging, and it will be critical that HIV organizations are prepared to meet the changing needs of the communities they serve. The forum agenda is designed stimulate conversation and action on HIV and aging and will include the following sessions:
• Who, Where and How Well are People Aging with HIV? This session will showcase up-to-date demographic data on HIV among older Canadians and introduce participants to three current research projects with implications for people aging with HIV.
• Community Profile: The Aging Experiences of Indigenous People Living with HIV Themes emerging from sharing circle sessions and interviews with First Nations, Inuit and Métis people living with HIV about their experience growing older will be shared.
• What’s Important about Aging to People Living with HIV? Five older adults living with HIV from across Canada will discuss different experiences of aging with HIV.
• Clinical Guidelines for HIV and Aging: Do we need them? Speakers will debate this important question – with involvement from the audience!
To kick off the day, we expect to have several distinguished guests in our midst. Authors will also share posters which describe and analyze policy responses, existing programs and services, in-progress research and significant partnerships and/or collaborations that contribute to the overall health of people aging with HIV throughout the forum.