One of the most respected data scientists today, Professor Robert Tibshirani from Stanford, will give a talk addressing some issues in working with big data in public health. This will be followed by discussion led by a panel of distinguished researchers who work with big data in various areas of medicine and public health.
WELCOME & INTRODUCTIONS
- Dr. Howard Hu, Dean and Professor, Dalla Lana School of Public Health
- Dr. Wendy Lou, Division Head, Biostatistics, DLSPH
- Dr. John R. McLaughlin, Chief Science Officer & Senior Scientist, Public Health Ontario
- Dr. Geoffrey M. Anderson, Professor, Institute of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation
- Dr. Donald Redelmeier, Senior Scientist, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre & ICES
- Dr. Daniele Mercio, Director of Molecular Diagnostics, Deep Genomics Inc.
- Dr. Rafal Kustra, Associate Professor, Division of Biostatistics, DLSPH
Light refreshments will be served. The event is partially sponsored by Dalla Lana School of Public Health, Southern Ontario Chapter of the American Statistical Association (SORA), and The Applied Biostatistics Association (TABA).
Click here for event poster.