- 100 Stokes Street Bell Gateway Building Sandi and Jim Treliving Gymnasium Toronto, ON M6J 1H4
- U of T Community Event
- September 24, 2018 from 9:00am to 3:30pm
Sexual violence and sexual harassment include a broad spectrum of behaviours that negatively affect targets. These behaviours include unwanted sexual comments, unwanted touching, persistent sexual advances, and other demeaning and sexually objectifying behaviours as well as more serious and harmful forms of sexual violence, including rape and sexual assault. This symposium will advance knowledge about the nature and impacts of sexual violence and harassment and describe leading-edge strategies for prevention. Topics include:
- Public health impacts of sexual violence and harassment
- Experiences of victims
- Perceptions and perceived norms of perpetrators
- Roles of peers & peer dynamics
- Bystander interventions
- Sexual assault resistance training
- Engaging men in prevention
This is a free event that is open to researchers, clinical and prevention practitioners, policymakers and students.
Samantha Wells, Associate Director, Institute for Mental Health Policy Research, CAMH and Assistant Professor, Dalla Lana School of Public Health, University of Toronto.