- William Doo Auditorium, New College, 45 Willcocks St.
- External Events
- February 22, 2016 from 8:45am to 5:30pm
Registration and poster submission are now open for this year’s Engineering World Health (EWH) Symposium! The annual EWH Symposium aims to expose the UofT community to current global health initiatives. This year, we focus on how engineering solutions can contribute to interdisciplinary health challenges in low and middle income countries. The symposium spans a full day of talks, panel discussions, networking opportunities, and a poster session.
CALL FOR POSTERS:
Does your research have the potential to make a big impact on global health? Come showcase your work at the Engineering World Health 2016 Symposium! Please submit a short abstract (max 2000 char.) through our registration form. There will be a prize for the best poster!
Featured talks include:
- “Reducing Newborn Mortality in Rural Low Income Countries Using an Integrated Newborn Survival Kit”
- Dr. Shaun Morris, Clinician-Scientist, Division of Infectious Diseases, Hospital for Sick Children
- “Getting at Corruption in the Global Health Sector – Challenges and Opportunities”
- Dr. Jillian Kohler, Director, WHO Collaborating Centre for Governance, Accountability and Transparency in the Pharmaceutical Sector
- “Challenges and Solutions to Providing Medical Aid in a Developing Country”
- Olivia Knight, Administrative Director, Ghana Medical Help
…and many more!