- Li Ka Shing Institute, 209 Victoria St.
- DLSPH Events
- October 23-24, 2013 from 12:00am to 12:00am
About the Symposium
We will hold a a one-day symposium to learn about and celebrate community action, education, and research, oriented to improving health and well-being in cities and communities, locally and beyond. The keynote speaker is Trevor Hancock, a scholar and advocate on healthier cities for over 20 years and we seek to have a mix of presentations on exciting research and practice, and open space time for discussion .
We seek your input to contribute to shaping the symposium. Through the symposium, you will have the opportunity to:
- identify and address ‘burning questions’ arising from your work and mutual interests in solutions-focused research and practice for healthier cities and communities
- interact with and learn from others engaged in work aimed at improving urban and community health
- shape the development, priorities and focus of the Healthier Cities and Communities thematic concentration in the Dalla Lana School of Public Health
- join or initiate new ‘constellations’ of focused interest on specific topics and/or burning questions (subgroups driven by the interest and enthusiasm of members)
We invite you to participate and share with us what you are working on and what excites you in the work you are doing to better understand and contribute to building healthier cities and communities.
The keynote address will take place at 7:00-8:30 p.m. on October 23rd at the Li Ka Shing Institute, 209 Victoria St. (entrance on Shuter St.) The Symposium will take place the following day from 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. at the same location.
For more information, visit our website (http://HealthierCitiesSymposium2013.wordpress.com/).
Registration is now open for our October 23rd Keynote Address with Trevor Hancock and our October 24th full-day Symposium. The events are open to the entire community. Register for these exciting events here: