- Upper Dining Room at the Faculty Club
- November 4, 2014 from 12:00pm to 2:00pm
The Provost Office holds a series of workshops throughout the academic year for faculty to discuss different aspects of career development in an informal setting and to have the opportunity to meet with key people at the University. Based on feedback provided by previous participants in our programs, we are pleased to offer a new session on Promoting Research in the Media. This session will take place on Tuesday, November 4th from 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. in the Upper Dining Room at the Faculty Club.
Althea Blackburn-Evans, Director, News & Media Relations, University of Toronto will be joined by experienced faculty members Zack Taylor, Department of Geography, University of Toronto Scarborough and Karen Davis, Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine.
Please join us over lunch as we discuss:
- How the University can help you in promoting your research
- Six themes that drive our priority-setting for storytelling
- Analytics for news site, social media, etc.
- Getting coverage for your research
- Being an expert in the media
- Other media calls