- East Common Room, Hart House, 7 Hart House Circle, University of Toronto
- DLSPH Events
- January 13, 2016 from 11:00am to 12:30pm
Despite a growing body of research on electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes), there has been much debate about the effects of their use. While there may be potential for e-cigarettes to support smoking cessation, there are also concerns about possible adverse health effects, renormalization of smoking and tobacco uptake among youth, and other unforeseen consequences of their use.
RECIG investigators from OTRU and CAMH will present key findings from the study
• Robert Schwartz, Executive Director, Ontario Tobacco Research Unit
• Laurie Zawertailo, Scientist, Addictions Program, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
An international expert panel will also present on leading edge research
• Mirjana V. Djordjevic, Program Director/Project Officer, Tobacco Control Research Branch, Behavioral Research Program, Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute
• Thomas Eissenberg, Professor of Psychology and Director, Center for the Study of Tobacco Products, Virginia Commonwealth University
• Alan Shihadeh, Professor of Mechanical Engineering, American University of Beirut (AUB) and Project Director, Center for the Study of Tobacco Products, Virginia Commonwealth University.
Click here to RSVP.