- UNIVERSITY COLLEGE & GEORGE IGNATIEFF THEATRE - TRINITY COLLEGE
- October 2, 2015 from 8:30am to 7:30pm
IT IS TIME TO REINVENT HOW WE THINK ABOUT NEGLECTED DISEASES
REINVENT, an interdisciplinary academic conference, will push participants to question the social inequalities that allow neglect to proliferate, and ask who benefits from these systems of inherent inequalities. REINVENT brings together students, academics, and professionals from public health, international development, political science, history, anthropology, sociology, and public policy. It will take place at the University of Toronto on Friday, October 2nd, 2015.
The objectives of REINVENT are to:
- Develop a deeper understanding of the broader social, political and economic structures that influence global patterns of neglect including a deconstruction of the colonial roots of tropical medicine;
- Critically analyze neglected diseases through the use of theoretical frameworks that conceptualize access to power and resources as the strongest determinants of health and disease; and
- Encourage critical thought about the production and consumption of knowledge, in order to explore alternatives that seek to disrupt systems of oppression.
Visit the conference website for more information.