- Grad Room, Lower Level - 66 Harbord Street, Toronto, ON M5S 1G2
- External Events
- March 18, 2016 from 1:00pm to 3:00pm
Do you think you have a great story to tell? Come and learn how to communicate it to the media – and the rest of the (non-academic) world.
- What makes a good story
- How media outlets decide what stories to run, and what sources to use
- Who’s the best audience for your story
- What goes into a successful “pitch”
- Why the language you use matters (and some tips to translate academic speak into mainstream lingo)
With Jennifer Moroz – William Southam Journalism Fellow at Massey College/Executive Producer (on leave) of CBC Radio’s The Current.