- Women's College Hospital
- U of T Community Event
- May 12, 2017 from 9:00am to 2:00pm
The Women’s Xchange hosts bi-annual events to bring together researchers, trainees and community members to explore challenging issues in women’s health, facilitate knowledge translation and build capacity. The Women’s Xchange 2016 Spring Event will include:
- Panel discussions, Student research poster and oral presentations
- $15K Challenge end-of-project video showcase. The $15K Challenge is a community-based research funding opportunity available from the Women’s Xchange.
- Lunch and networking opportunity
Details for Students: We invite graduate students to submit abstracts of research in progress or completed studies on a broad range of women’s mental health issues. Abstracts from all disciplines and interdisciplinary perspectives related to women’s health are welcome. At this year’s Spring Event, you can select one of two ways to share your research: a poster display or a 2-minute oral presentation. Please join us and share your discoveries!
Two awards will be presented at the end of the day to recognize students whose poster and oral presentations are notable for content, clarity and contextualization of their project.
Guidelines for Abstract Submissions:
- Provide the authors names (last name followed by first initial and second initial, for example: Paterson, M.V.). Do not include academic degrees or titles. In the case of multiple authorship, the person whose name is listed first is expected to attend the presentation.
- Provide the title of your research. No abbreviations may be used in the title. Title should be in bold. Only capitalize the first word and proper nouns.
- Indicate whether your research is completed, a work in progress, or a conceptual/methodological discussion.
- The body of your abstract should be no more than 250 words
- Abstracts should contain the following information: Background, objective, methods, results and conclusions.
- At the end of your abstract, please indicate if you would like to be considered for a poster presentation, oral presentation, or either.
- E-mail your abstract to Maeve Paterson at email@example.com no later than 5:00pm on Monday April 17, 2017.
- A committee will review your abstract, and will notify you by April 21st if your abstract is selected for a poster or an oral presentation at the conference.