Susan Glover Takahashi PhD, MA(Ed), BSc
- Competency Models
- Curriculum Design
- Professionalism Behaviours in Practice
- Postgraduate Medical Education
- Assessment and evaluation
Education & Training History
2004 PhD, Curriculum, Teaching and Learning, Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
1997 MA (Education), Curriculum, Teaching and Learning, Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Professional Summary & Appointments
2006-present Assistant Professor, Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Toronto
2008-present Cross-appointment Assistant Professor, Dalla Lana School of Public Health
Honours & Awards
- National Conference on Residency Education – 2007 Best Poster Award
- National Conference on Residency Education – 2008 Best Poster Award
- Excellence Through Innovation Award, University of Toronto – 2010
Current Research Projects
- Improving assessment practices in residency education
- Competency-based curriculum in residency education
Zbieranowski I, Glover Takahashi S, Verma S, Spadafora S. (2013). Remediation of Residents in Difficulty a Retrospective 10-Year Review of the Experience of a Postgraduate Board of Examiners. Academic Medicine, 88(1):111-6.
Iglar K, Whitehead C, Glover Takahashi S. (2013). Competency-Based Education in Family Medicine. Medical Teacher, 35(2):115-9.
Glover Takahashi S, Rothman A, Nayer M, Urowitz M, Crescenzi A M. (2012). Validation of a Large Scale Clinical Examination for International Medical Graduates. Canadian Family Physician, 58:e408-17.
Glover Takahashi S, Waddell A, Kennedy M, Hodges B. (2011). Innovations, Integration and Implementation Issues in Competency-Based Training in Postgraduate Medical Education. Association of Faculties of Medicine of Canada (AFMC)