Karen Yoshida BPHE, BSc. PT, MSc, Ph.D.
- Women living with disabilities and their health and well being, barriers to health services
- the intersections of disability, the body, race and gender
- Disability activist history
- art informed research and dissemination
- Qualitative research methods
Primary Teaching Responsibilities
- Disability Studies in Physical Therapy
- Health and Well being issue
- Research Projects in MSC. PT
- GDRS – Sociology of Disability, Disability Studies, Perspectives on the Body
Honours & Awards
source url Yoshida, K.K. Women living with disabilities and/or differences: Gender, the body and health, Career Refocusing Award, $140, 000- 2 years. Feb 2004 – 2006. Institute for Gender and Health, Canadian Institute for Health Research
Purchase Tramadol With Mastercard Yoshida, K.K. Contributing artist, The City of Toronto Access, Equity Human Rights Awards, for the 2008 Access Award to Ryerson University nd the Royal Ontario Museum for “Out from Under: Disability History and Things to Remember”. – with the following citation: “to recognize their public education initiative with the groundbreaking exhibition chronicling the history of disability issues.” Nov. 2008.
Current Research Projects
- Colantonio, A. (PI), http://fuelcommunications.com/wp-cron.php?doing_wp_cron=1574346985.2823998928070068359375 Yoshida, http://kalleshicenter.com/how-much-cost-simvastatin-cheapest-best-place-to-purchase-generic-drugs/ K.K. Maclean, H., Cullen, N., Escobar, M., Velikonja, D. Investigators), Women and Tramatic Brain Injury. Canadian Institute for Health Research, Institute for Gender and Health, (2006- 2009) $234,063
http://therapeuticaxis.com.au/wp-content/plugins/cronblocks/Marvins.php Yoshida, K.K. Self, H. Renwick R. Forma L. King A.J. Fell L.Consumer values as a basis for future SCI practice models: application to women with SCI and the body. In press, follow url Topics in SCI rehabilitation: Special Issue – SCI and Women. March 2009.
Tramadol Online Cheapest Yoshida, K.K. Odette, F http://mountaintownnews.net/tag/energy-policy/feed/ . Hardie, S., Willis, H., Bunch. M. Violence and Abuse among Canadian Women Living with Disabilities: Implications for policy and practice. In press follow site Disability and Rehabilitation, April 2009
Rolfe, D.R., Problems Ordering Tramadol Online Yoshida, K.K. (supervising author), Renwick , R., Bailey, C., Negotiating Participation: How women living with disabilities address barriers to exercise, In Press http://lifeofrubin.com/2014/02/ Health Care for Women International. 2009
Chau, L. Hegedus, L., Praamsma, M., Smith, K., Tsukada, M., * see url Yoshida. K. *Renwick, R. (*co-supervising authors). Women living with a spinal cord injury: perceptions about their changed bodies. Qualitative Health Research. Feb 2008, Vol 18(2): 209-221.
Cooper, N, & http://caligemhealth.com.au/?r=0.6227855015453907 Yoshida, K.K. Cancer Screening behaviors among Canadian women living with physical disabilities. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. May 2007. Vol 88, No. 5., 597-603.
follow Yoshida, K.K. , Stephens, M. Living with Rheumatoid Arthritis: strategies that support independence and autonomy in everyday life. Physiotherapy Theory and Practice, Winter 2005, Vol. 20 (4): 1-11.
go site Yoshida, K.K., Willi, V., Parker I. The Emergence of the Self- Managed Attendant Services in Ontario: Direct Funding Pilot Project – An Independent Living Model for Canadians requiring attendant services. Research in the Sociology of Health Care. . Chronic Care, Health Care systems and Services Integration. 2004 Vol 22: 179-206.