- Degree Division
- Occupational & Environmental Health Division
The Diploma in Industrial Health (DIH) provides postgraduate training in occupational health and safety. The program is designed for physicians desiring didactic training in occupational health. It is of particular interest to foreign trained students who may not meet the eligibility requirements of the School of Graduate Studies or physicians desiring a shorter program than the MPH program. It can be completed full-time (9 months) or part-time (within 5 years of first registration). Required courses include Statistics and Epidemiology (eg Community Health Appraisal Methods), Perspectives in Occupational Health and Safety, Advanced Clinical Studies, Occupational Hygiene and Environmental Health and electives to make up 5 course credits.
Diploma Requirements (5.0 FCE)
- CHL5220H – Community Health Appraisal Methods: Part I – or equivalent
- CHL5221H – Community Health Appraisal Methods: Part II – or equivalent
- CHL5904H – Perspectives in Occupational Health and Safety
- CHL5910H – Occupational Hygiene I
- CHL5905H – Advanced Clinical Studies in Occupational Medicine
- CHL5903H – Environmental Health or equivalent Environmental Course
Plus 4 approved electives, 2 of which must be in occupational health.