Applications are now being accepted for the 2018-19 PHS Professional Master’s Bursary.
The Professional Master’s Bursary is available to MPH, MScCH and MHSc Bioethics students who demonstrate financial need. Generally, applicants must have applied to OSAP (or state the specific reason for their ineligibility). Students from other provinces should have applied for provincial funding from their home province and submitted an application for Out of Province Financial Aid. If a student has made a conscious decision not to apply for OSAP or provincial funding he/she may be considered ineligible for this bursary.
- Full-time domestic and visa students are eligible to apply. Part-time students may be eligible on a case by case basis for unforeseen circumstances. The funding will be pro-rated for part-time students.
- If a student’s resources are greater than his/her expenses, an application should not be submitted.
- Submit copy of 2018-19 Notice of Assessment from OSAP/provincial loan as part of your application. Students who did not apply or were ineligible for OSAP/provincial funding must complete the OSAP Aid Estimator and submit a copy of the printout of this report with their application.
A complete application includes the following:
- 2018-19 Bursary application form
- 2018-19 Notice of Assessment report from OSAP/provincial loan or OSAP Aid Estimator report
- 2018-19 Financial Need Assessment (FNA) form. Applicants should review the Guide on Financial Need Assessment prior to completing this form. Financial need is normally demonstrated when there is a negative balance in the ‘TOTAL NEED’ field. A positive balance will generally not be considered a demonstration of need, unless extenuating circumstances are also reported.
Under ‘EXPECTED RESOURCES’, remember to check the source of your student loan (OSAP/Out-of-Province/US Loan/Other) and enter, in the ‘Total’ column, the amount of:
1) OSAP/provincial loan/US Loan, or
2) Result of OSAP Aid Estimator report
The above documents must be submitted with your application. Incomplete and/or late applications will not be considered.
Deadline for Application
Email the complete application to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, January 18, 2019.
Bursary decisions will be made in February/early March 2019.
Email email@example.com, if you have questions.