Applications are now being accepted for the 2020-2021 Delta Kappa Gamma World Fellowships competition.
|Student Deadline to SGS:||November 29, 2019 (no later than 4:30 PM)|
|Value/Duration:||$4,000 USD for one year|
|Level of Study:||Master’s or Doctoral|
|Required Legal Status:||International (Citizens and permanent residents of Canada and the United States are ineligible)|
The Delta Kappa Gamma Society International is a professional honorary society of 100,000 key women educators in 17 countries that promotes the professional and personal growth of women educators and excellence in education. The World Fellowship Fund was established to provide opportunities for international women to pursue graduate studies in Canada and the United States.
Eligibility to Apply
- Be currently registered full-time in a Master’s or Doctoral program at the University of Toronto;
- Identify as a female student;
- Have a valid study permit (Citizens and permanent residents of Canada or the United States are ineligible);
- Have met the School of Graduate Studies’ English-language proficiency requirements;
- Not be completing their degree requirements in 2020. Award holders must be registered full-time in their program throughout the 2020-21 academic year in order to receive and retain the funds; and
- Not currently be a member of Delta Kappa Gamma Society International.
Applicants must collect and assemble all of the required materials, including hardcopy references and official transcripts, and deliver their complete application package in hardcopy to the Graduate Awards Office (63 St. George Street, 2nd floor reception) by 4:30pm on Friday, November 29, 2019.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to review the SGS website for all of the eligibility, application instructions and requirements. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
A complete application package will include the following items (full details on the SGS website):
- Completed application form;
- Copy of a valid study permit;
- Original or certified copies of official transcripts from all previous post-secondary studies, including the University of Toronto transcript showing the applicant’s registration in the Fall 2019 session;
- Proof of English-language proficiency; and
- Three (3) confidential letters of reference using the DKG Letter of Reference form.
All complete and eligible applications from the University of Toronto are reviewed by the Ontario World Fellowships Committee, which selects the top ten (10) applications in Ontario. SGS Graduate Awards Office will notify all applicants of the provincial competition results in February.
The top ten (10) Ontario applications are forwarded to the International World Fellowships Committee for final adjudication against the top applicants from all participating universities in Canada and the United States. Up to four (4) awardees are selected from participating Canadian universities. The final results are communicated to applicants in May.
Contacts & Resources
For more information, visit the SGS website.