Andrea A. Cortinois
- Email Address(es)
- Office Phone
- Office Address
- Dalla Lana School of Public Health, University of Toronto 155 College Street, Suite 406 Toronto, ON M5T 3M7
- Social & Behavioural Health Sciences Division
Office of Global Public Health Education & Training
- Assistant Professor
- SGS Status
- Associate Member
- Appointment Status
- Global migration and health
- Global public health
- Health and health equity in highly multicultural societies
- Information & communication technologies in support of equity-oriented interventions
Education & Training History
PhD – 2008 – Health Policy, Management & Evaluation (Health Care, Technology & Place) – University of Toronto
MPH – 1995 – International Public Health – University of Wales College of Medicine, Cardiff, UK
Honours BSc – Human Biology (Immunology) – Universita’ degli Studi di Milano, Milan, Italy
Visiting Professor – Universitat Oberta de Catalunia (UOC), Barcelona, Spain.
Primary Teaching Responsibilities
- CHL5113 – Migration and Health
- PHS100 – Grand Opportunities in Global Health
- CHL5700 – Global Public Health (new version under development)
Honours & Awards
- 2003-05 – Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), Strategic Training Doctoral Fellowship in Health Care, Technology, and Place (HCTP).
- 2002-05 – CIHR, Doctoral Research Award.
- 2001 – Health Communication Bell University Lab Scholarship for Academic Excellence, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto.
- 1999 – The University of Toronto Society of Graduates in Health Administration’s Maureen Dixon Award for Leadership in Community Health
- Farach, N.; Faba, G.; Julian, S.; Mejia, F.; Cabieses, B.; D’Agostino, M.; Cortinois, A.A. ‘Stories from the Field: The use of information and communication technologies to address the health needs of underserved populations in Latin America and the Caribbean.’ Journal of Medical Internet Research – Public Health and Surveillance; 1; 1: e1. 2015.
- Cortinois, A.A.; Glazier, R.H.; Caidi, N.; Andrews, G.; Herbert-Copley, M.; Jadad, A.R. ‘Toronto’s 2-1-1 healthcare services for immigrant populations.’ American Journal of Preventive Medicine; 43; 6S5: S475-82. 2012.
- Bender, J.L.; Deshpande, A.; Cortinois, A.A.; O’Grady, L.; Saffie, L.; Husereau, D.; Jadad, A.R. ‘Collaborative authoring: A case study of a public wiki as a resource to keep systematic reviews up to date.’ Open Medicine; 5; 4: e201-8. 2011.
- Cortinois, A.A. ‘Sólo se trata de ceros y unos!… O no?’ [It’s all about zeroes and ones!… Or not?]. Revista eSalud: 5; 19. http://www.revistaesalud.com/index.php/revistaesalud/article /view/334/674. 2009.
- Hohenadel, J.; Kaegi, E.; Laidlaw, J.; Kovacik, G.; Cortinois, A.A.; Kang, R.; Jadad, A.R. ‘Leveling the Playing Field: The Personal Coach Program as an innovative approach to assess and address the supportive care needs of underserved cancer patients.’ Journal of Supportive Oncology; 5; 4: 185-93. 2007.
- Glazier, R.H.; Creatore, M.I.; Cortinois, A.A.; Agha, M.M.; Moineddin, R. ‘Neighbourhood Recent Immigration and Hospitalization in Toronto, Canada’. Canadian Journal of Public Health; 95; 3: I 30-4. 2004.
- Cortinois, A.A.; Downey, S.; Closson, T.; Jadad, A.R. ‘Hospitals in a globalized world: A view from Canada’. Healthcare Papers; 4; 2: 14-32. 2003.
- Ferrelli, R.; Serrano, CR.; Balladelli, PP.; Cortinois, A.A.; Quinteros, J. ‘Strengthening local health care management in Bolivian districts through participatory operational research’. International Journal of Health Planning & Management; 12; 1: 29-50. 1997.