Yaping Jin PhD
- Email Address(es)
- Office Phone
- 416-978 7938
- Epidemiology Division
- Associate Professor
- Appointment Status
- Non budgtry Crss
- Epidemiology of eye diseases
- Eye care services research
- Vision care coverage policy and vision health outcomes
Education & Training History
- MD, West China University of Medical Sciences, China
- PhD, Karolinska Institute, Sweden
- Postdoc, Karolinska Institute, Sweden & the University of Western Ontario, Canada
- Department of Ophthalmology and Vision Sciences, University of Toronto
- Institute of Medical Science, University of Toronto
Primary Teaching Responsibilities
Honours & Awards
- The 4th ICPC/HSFC/CCS Fellowship in Preventive Cardiology 2004/2005, Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada
Current Research Projects
- 2011-2013: CIHR “Do different provincial and territorial government vision health insurance policies generate different vision health outcomes? A cross-sectional and longitudinal study.” PI.
- 2011-2013: CNIB and the Glaucoma Research Society of Canada. “The impact of glaucoma on social role participation”. PI.
- 2010-2013: Kensington Eye Institute. “Has Patient Choice Emerged as an Important Factor in Determining Wait Time for Cataract Surgery 6 years after the Wait Time Initiatives?” PI.
- 2009-2014: The Glaucoma Research Society of Canada and the Dean’s Fund. “Awareness and Knowledge of Glaucoma amongest Black People in Toronto.” PI.
- 2008-2012: CNIB (EA Baker New Researcher Grant) and the Glaucoma Research Society of Canada. “A Pilot Study to Assess the Validity of Self-reported Glaucoma in Canadians.” PI.
- 2004-2006: Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada. “Additional counseling support for vascular risk factors control: preventing stroke and dementia.”
- Buys YM and Jin YP. Socioeconomic status as a risk factor for late presentation of glaucoma in Canada. Can J Ophthalmol. In press. 2012.
- Jin YP, Chow A, Colpa L, Wong AMF. Clinical Translation of Recommendations from Randomized Clinical Trials on Patching Regimen for Amblyopia. Ophthalmology. In press. 2012.
- Xu K, Trope GE, Buncic R, Jin YP. Eye Care Utilization amongst Canadian Adolescents: Evidence of Reduced Access from the Canadian Community Health Survey. Can J Ophthalmol. 2012;47(3):211-6.
- Jin YP, Buys YM, Wendy Hatch, Trope GE. De-insurance in Ontario has reduced utilization of eye care services by the socially disadvantaged. Can J Ophthalmol. 2012;47:203–10.
- Jin YP and Trope GE. Eye Care Utilization in Canada: Disparity in the Public Funded Health Care System. Can J Ophthalmol. 2011;46(2):133-8.
- Trope GE and Jin YP. Canaloplasty for Primary Open-Angle Glaucoma: Long-Term Outcome. Evidence-Based Ophthalmology. 2011; 12(3):148-9.
- Jin YP and Wong DT. Self-reported Visual Impairment in Elderly Canadians and Its Impact on Health Living. Can J Ophthalmol. 2008;43(4):407-13.
- Jin YP, Ostbye T, Feightner JW, Di Legge S, Hachinski V. Joint effect of stroke and APOE 4 on dementia risk: The Canadian Study of Health and Aging. Neurology. 2008;70(1):9-16.
- Jin YP, de Pedro-Cuesta J, Söderström M, Stawiarz L, Link H. Seasonal patterns in optic neuritis and multiple sclerosis: a meta-analysis. J Neurol Sci 2000;181(1-2):56-64.