Applied Survey Methods for Health Care Professionals
- Course Number
- 5600 (Clinical Public Health)
- Course Instructor(s)
- Parisa Airia
This tutorial based course focuses on practical issues related to the design, development, conduct, management, and analysis of surveys. Students will apply the knowledge gained in this course to the construction of a survey questionnaire and the preparation of a survey research proposal.
- To identify a health research question/topic suitable for survey research;
- To construct a survey questionnaire;
- To design a survey appropriate for the selected research topic;
- To examine and understand the strengths and limitations of various survey methods;
- To demonstrate an understanding of questionnaire development, pilot testing, survey implementation, data collection, data management, data analysis, and the peer-review grant application process;
- To understand ethical issues related to survey research.
Methods of Assessment
|Final Paper||50% (Paper 40% / Presentation 10%)|
|Critique a student’s final paper||10%|