Continuing Education in Health Professions
- The primary aim of this course is to equip learners with a comprehensive understanding of continuing health professional education.
- Throughout the course, participants will gain a solid foundation in both theoretical concepts and practical skills related to “knowledge synthesis.”
- Required Reading: Continuing Professional Development in Medicine and Health Care: Better Education, Better Patient Outcomes. Author(s): William Rayburn MD, MBA, David A. Davis MD, Mary G. Turco EdD
- Participants are strongly encouraged to read the book before class starts.
- The course will use a combination of short lectures, workshops and learner led seminar sessions.
- Course dates for 2023 : 9 am -5 pm. September 18, September 25, October 23 & 30, 2023. Classes will be held at 525 University Avenue, 12th floor conference room.
At the completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Discuss needs assessment and evaluation of continuing education(CE) and professional development (CPD) in healthcare.
- Describe methods of individual, team and organizational learning
- Discuss knowledge translation and the effects of CE and CPD on patients and system
- Review relevant literature and synthesize knowledge on some aspect of health professional education.