Perspectives in Occupational and Environmental Health – Legal and Social Context
- Course Number
- 5900 (Occupational & Environmental Health)
- Course Instructor(s)
- Lissa Ceolin
- Occupational health and safety, and workers’ compensation from a legislative and administrative viewpoint; relevant provincial legislation and roles of various government agencies and coordination of the system.
- To describe the basic principles and elements of occupational health and safety legislation in Ontario;
- To identify and describe the structure and functions of the Ontario occupational health and safety system, including participants and agencies;
- To understand occupational health and safety programs as they are implemented in the workplace;
- To be aware of current developments and future trends and issues in the organization and structure of occupational health and safety.