Skip to content
- Course Number
- 5900 (Occupational & Environmental Health)
- Field-Based, Lecture, Project, Seminar
- Course Instructor(s)
- Paul Bozek
- Basic physics of ionizing and non-ionizing radiation;
- The sources of ionizing and non-ionizing radiation in the workplace;
- The methods and instrumentation for measuring all relevant energies;
- The engineering, administrative and personal protective devices available for the reduction of exposure; and
- The units and standards used in various jurisdictions.
- To understand basic concepts in ionizing and non-ionizing radiation, and thermal stress;
- To understand the methods and instrumentation for measuring all of the relevant physical stressors and energies;
- To understand the engineering, administrative controls and personal protective devices available for the reduction of hazards from physical agents;
- To gain knowledge of the units and standards in various jurisdictions applicable to physical agents.