- Alumni Event, Faculty/Staff Event, Student Event
- May 15-19, 2023 from 9:00am to 5:30pm
Calling all DLSPH faculty, post-docs, residents, and graduate students! Are you ready to supercharge your academic writing? Join us for AcWriMay, a week-long productivity event designed to help you achieve your writing goals
Academic Writing Month (http://www.phd2published.com/acwri-2/acbowrimo/about/) is coming to DLSPH in May – AcWriMay! The week-long pilot of this write-a-thon event will take place between May 15-19, 2023. AcWriMay will help you set writing goals, stay accountable, and get plenty of writing done in a supportive, competitive environment.
Working on a new publication? Grant proposal? Post-doc application? Dissertation chapter? AcWriMay is your chance to make progress on your writing projects!
AcWriMay will feature daily check-ins, mini workshops, writing sprints/co-writing time, and opportunities for collaboration and networking with other participants. We’ll also provide optional writing prompts for those who need inspiration or want to break out of a writing rut. Get some swag, have some refreshments, learn some new skills, and get that writing done!
AcWriMay is a hybrid event; workshops and co-writing sessions will be available in-person and virtually. We encourage you to attend in person.
There are 6 basic rules:
1. Decide on a writing goal where you count either words, hours or project deliverables
2. Declare your goal
3. Make a plan for the week
4. Discuss your progress on our Quercus community discussion board
5. Work hard and try not to get distracted
6. And at the end, publicly declare your results on our Quercus
At the end of the event, we’ll celebrate your accomplishments and award prizes. With the support of fellow writers and expert facilitators, you’ll build momentum, make progress on your writing projects, and gain valuable skills and insights to help you succeed in your academic career.
Sign up for AcWriMay@DLSPH today!
Schedule of events:
* Kick off: Monday, May 15th at 9AM-9:30AM
* Mini workshops: Tuesday 16th-Friday 19th at 9AM-9:30AM
* Co-writing session (in person and online): Monday 15th-Friday 19th 9:30AM-11:30AM
* Closing/awards session: Friday 19th at 4:30PM-5:00PM
Location: Dalla Lana School of Public Health, 155 College St Room 500, Toronto, ON M5T 3M7. (Room information TBA)
Registration Deadline: Monday 8 May 2023.
More information to come.
For questions contact Jad Sinno (firstname.lastname@example.org)