- Community Outreach Event
- February 24, 2022 from 10:00am to 12:30pm
Join the Anti-Racism and Cultural Diversity Office (ARCDO) to explore stories, strategies and resources to address anti-Black racism as it intersects with forms of gender-based discrimination. This event will feature a keynote presentation from Professor Moya Bailey, followed by a screening of the film HERStory in Black.
In this keynote presentation, participants will;
- Deepen their understanding of the concepts of misogynoir, anti-Black misogyny and Black womanhood;
- Explore the manifestations of anti-black racism at the intersection of gender identity and sexuality within post-secondary environments;
- Identify and discuss the role of post-secondary environments to support anti-Black racism advocacy and the Black feminist movement overall; and
- Identify and discuss the strategies, tools and resources (including digital tools such as social media) to address anti-Black racism and gender-based discrimination in working, learning, and online environments.
This event is free to attend and open to students, staff, faculty, and external community members.