Registration Link: Space is limited, so reserve your spot today.
Join us as we kick off the Dalla Lana School of Public Health’s inaugural recognition ceremony in honour of outstanding Toronto-based Black leaders in the field of public health and health systems.
The intention of this ceremony is to amplify and celebrate phenomenal work, while inspiring future leaders. This year’s recipients have excelled in their contributions to supporting the health of Black communities among other groups. As we join together to spotlight Black achievements and contributions, let’s honour the legacy of Black communities and their histories on this day and forever. One month is just not enough.
Following a performance from poet Amoya Reé, 2018 Canadian National Champion and 2021 Toronto Grand Slam Champion, we will be honouring the following recipients for the 2023 Outstanding Black Leadership in Public Health and Health Systems award:
- Recipient: Fatimah Jackson-Best, Project Manager at Black Health Alliance, and Assistant Professor with the Department of Health Research Methods, Evidence, and Impact at McMaster University
- Presented by: Notisha Massaquoi, Assistant Professor with the Department of Health and Society at the University of Toronto
- Recipient: Cynthia Damba, Director, Health Analytics at Ontario Health, Toronto Region
- Presented by: Anna Greenberg, Chief Regional Officer, Toronto & East at Ontario Health
- Recipient: Jacqueline Silvera, Director of Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, Accessibility and Anti-Racism with the University of Health Network.
- Presented by: Sylvia Welsh, Enterprise Architect & Telecommunications Manager at University Health Network
This special event will be held on Thursday February 16th at 6:00PM in The Faculty Club, 41 Willcocks St, Toronto. Complimentary food and drinks will be served.
Schedule of Events
|6:00-6:30 pm||Appetizers and drinks will be served|
|6:30-7:50 pm||Recognition Ceremony|
|7:50-8:00 pm||Ceremony Concludes|
If you have any questions, please contact the Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Office at firstname.lastname@example.org