- University Room, Chestnut Conference Centre 3rd Floor, 89 Chestnut Street, Toronto, ON M5G 1R1
- U of T Community Event
- September 29, 2022 from 9:45am to 3:30pm
The Day will feature a presentation by Professor Richard J. Cook, an expert in the development and application of statistical methods for public health (University of Waterloo), and a panel discussion where faculty members will offer their views on what data science is.
The discussion will be moderated by Rohan Alexander (Department of Statistical Sciences and Faculty of Information, University of Toronto).
The panelists are:
– Marsha Chechik, Department of Computer Science, University of Toronto
– Mark Daley, Department of Computer Science, University of Western Ontario
– Donald Estep, Canadian Statistical Sciences Institute; Department of Statistics and Actuarial Science, Simon Fraser University
– Amber Simpson, School of Computing and Department of Biomedical and Molecular Sciences, Queen’s University
The event will also include oral and poster presentations by Ontario researchers, and will close with the first of two lectures by renowned statistician Xihong Lin, who is this year’s speaker for the annual Distinguished Lectures in Statistical Sciences.