- 155 College Street, Toronto, 7th floor lounge
- Alumni Event, DLSPH Event, DLSPH Partner & Affiliate Event, Faculty/Staff Event, Future Student Event, Student Event, U of T Community Event
- May 23, 2023 from 6:30pm to 8:00pm
Registration Link: Space is limited, so reserve your spot today. (hyperlinked)
As part of this year’s new Identities Inspiring Excellence event series, on Tuesday May 23rd, 2023, we will be bringing together a remarkable group of individuals to recognize and celebrate Asian Heritage. Through conversations with panelists, we’ll learn more about how their identities have influenced their past and celebrate how this continues to influence their achievements today. The discussion will also begin to unpack common perceptions and misperceptions of Asian identities, and the diversity contained within identifying as Asian in Canada. Join us as we honour the various ways that Asian Heritage (among other intersecting identities) have and continue to shape journeys and lived experiences.
We will be joined by:
– Ivy Wong, Senior Lead, Ontario Health Team and System Integration, North York Toronto Health Partners
– Emin Nawaz, Policy Analyst, Climate Change & Innovation Bureau, Health Canada
– Anjum Sultana, Director of Youth Leadership & Policy Advocacy, Plan International Canada
– Michelle Jaelin, Registered Dietitian & Nutrition Communications Expert
This event will be held at 155 College Street, Toronto, 7th floor lounge. Complimentary food and drinks will be served.
Schedule of Events
6:30-7:00 pm Appetizers and drinks will be served
7:00-8:00 pm Panel Discussion
If you have any questions, please contact the Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Office at firstname.lastname@example.org