- Online Event
- DLSPH Event
- April 29, 2021 from 1:00pm to 2:00pm
This panel discussion will explore the issue of ensuring global access to COVID-19 vaccines. It will raise awareness about the importance of vaccines to protect people of all ages, and takes place during the World Health Organization’s World Immunization Week, Pan-American Health Organization’s Vaccination Week in the Americas, and Canada’s National Immunization Awareness Week.
Why is global access to COVID-19 vaccines important to consider? What factors impact health system delivery response, and what is being done to ensure that COVID-19 vaccines are delivered to as many people as possible, as soon as possible? Why are equitable relationships between global actors and governments important? The panel will span from global challenges and solutions to local recommendations in its discussion of the issues.
This event, co-hosted by the Dalla Lana School of Public Health’s Centre for Vaccine Preventable Diseases, Institute for Pandemics and UNICEF Canada, is an opportunity to hear from leading human rights advocates, public health professionals and researchers, and to contribute to dialogue on this important area.
– Dr. Ross E. G. Upshur – Professor & Division Head, Clinical Public Health, DLSPH
– David Morley, C.M., President and CEO of UNICEF Canada
– Dr. Sonali Kochhar, Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Global Health, University of Washington, Seattle; Scientific Researcher, Department of Public Health, Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam and Medical Director, Global Healthcare Consulting
– Dr. Adrienne K. Chan, Associate Professor, Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, University of Toronto; Associate Professor, Clinical Public Health Division, DLSPH, University of Toronto; Clinician Investigator and Infectious Diseases Physician, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
The webinar will take place on Zoom on Thursday, April 29th 2021 – You will receive a webinar link and password TWO HOURS before the event.
The webinar will be available on the Dalla Lana School of Public Health’s YouTube page after the livestream concludes.
Share your thoughts and questions with the hashtag #VaccinesWork
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org