How can you evaluate the effectiveness of knowledge transfer? Knowledge transfer or KT is a term that encompasses a number of distinct processes that are aimed at bringing “knowledge to action.” Most knowledge to action cycles include evaluation as a core component. Increasingly, funders are asking grant recipients to engage in KT as a means to sustain, scale or spread their interventions and many organizations exist to support KT in a variety of domains. Several models and frameworks exist to help projects and organizations plan and evaluate KT. This webinar will explore the complexities and challenges of evaluating KT and offer a simple evaluation framework that can be used across a variety of settings and contexts.
By the end of this Webinar, you will be able to:
1. Describe the knowledge processes that fall under the KT umbrella
2. Identify different purposes for evaluating KT
3. List the complexities of evaluating KT
4. Choose tools and frameworks to evaluate KT
5. Recognize how KT was evaluated in three case studies.