Free Event. Saturday, May 28, 11:30am – 12:30 pm
Innis Town Hall, University of Toronto
Canada’s public healthcare system has continually evolved as the country’s population and circumstances change, and as the nature of healthcare itself evolves. Looking beyond the pandemic, our experts will present a vision for a system that truly cares for Canada’s diverse public.
· DLSPH DrPH student Sabina Vohra-Miller (@SabiVM). Co-founder of Vohra-Miller Foundation, founder of Unambiguous Science, and co-founder of the South Asian Health Network.
· Dr. Suzanne Shoush (@uoftfamilymed). First Nations/Black physician and mother who lives and works in Toronto’s downtown core providing medical care in the city’s shelter system. Indigenous Health Faculty Lead at the DFCM, University of Toronto.
· DLSPH Prof. Ross Upshur (@upshur_ross). Head, Division of Clinical Public Health at the Dalla Lana School of Public Health and the Assistant Director of the Lunenfeld Tanenbaum Research Institute, Sinai Health.
· Dr. Dawn Lim (@curiousdoc). Emergency Doctor, University Health Network, Assistant Professor of Medicine at the Temerty Faculty of Medicine at the University of Toronto.
· Jeff Goodes (@jeff_goodes). CBC Producer of White Coat/Black Art.