This in-person event brings together students, faculty and esteemed community partners to showcase Public Health Sciences Masters and PhD students’ practical experiences and original research. PhD students are invited to join the 3-minute-Thesis competition and all students are invited to present their posters to the judges. Join us on November 24, 2023 to connect, share and celebrate our students’ outstanding work!
Date: November 24, 2023
Time: 12:00 – 3:00 pm
Location: Stone Lobby, Medical Science Building
12pm – Lunch and opening remarks
12:30 – 2:00 pm – PhD 3 Minute Thesis (Room MSB3278)
1:30 – 2:30 pm – Poster Judges 1 & 2 (include PhDs)
3:00 pm – Awards and closing remarks
The PhD 3-Minute-Thesis Competition Program Flyer is now available!
You can also view the Poster Presentations Program Flyer here.
For Posters: we will be using this Poster Rubric.
Important Dates for students:
• Abstracts/3MT submission deadline: Monday, October 23, 2023 12PM
• Students notified of abstract acceptance: Monday, Oct 30, 2023
• Poster submission deadline to have them printed in color by DLSPH: Friday, November 10, 2022 11:59PM (or bring your own printed poster)
• 2-3 key words indicated
• 300 words or less
• Indicates whether a poster for “research” or “practice” stream
Practice: The poster focuses on your practicum experience or projects you worked on, that may or may not be research related.
Research: The poster presents a research project. It will most likely be set up as a conventional research poster with background, methods, results and implications.
• Written clearly and concisely for multidisciplinary audiences in an understandable way for all, regardless of prior knowledge
• Clearly states why research/practice contributes to public health, why it is important and its implications for public health
Questions or concerns: firstname.lastname@example.org