- Community Outreach
- June 23, 2022 from 11:00am to 12:30pm
Our 8th Research Results & Implications seminar will have CITF-affiliated experts discuss how the Omicron variant changed the course of the pandemic by rapidly infecting hundreds of millions of healthy people around the globe, spurring the distribution of additional vaccine doses to boost immunity. Omicron has brought a new set of challenges, including reinfections and immune evasion. What do we know and what’s next?
Our presenters will report on:
• The extent and nature of Omicron infection in Canada and around the globe.
• How Omicron evaded existing immunity to spread so widely.
• The notion of hybrid immunity.
• Those at greatest risk of COVID-19 and why.
Please join us for this presentation and stay for a question-and-answer session with the experts.
Once you have registered for the event, you will receive an email confirmation with the Zoom information.