Vinita Dubey BSc MD MPH CCFP FRCPC
- Email Address(es)
- Office Phone
- Office Address
- 277 Victoria Street, 10th floor Toronto , ON M5B 1W2
- Toronto Public Health
- Clinical Public Health Division
- Adjunct Professor
- Immunization and Vaccine Preventable Diseases
- Preventive Health Care
- Public Health
Education & Training History
–Works as an Associate Medical Officer of Health for Toronto Public Health since 2006 in Communicable Diseases
–Medical degree from the University of Calgary
–Master of Public Health degree from Harvard School of Public Health
–Residency training in Family Medicine (2003) and Fellow of the Royal College in Public Health and Preventive Medicine from University of Toronto, graduated in June 2006.
Primary Teaching Responsibilities
- Public Health and Preventive Medicine Residents
Honours & Awards
Current Research Projects
- HPV school-based vaccination implementation
- Vaccine Storage and Handling
- Local vaccination Coverage rates
- Vaccine hesistancy
- Sugar water for immunization pain management: too much sweet stuff? Gerges S, Hogan ME, Girgis A, Dubey V, Taddio A. Can J Public Health. 2011 Jan-Feb;102(1):75.
- Reducing the pain of childhood vaccination: an evidence-based clinical practice guideline. Taddio A, Appleton M, Bortolussi R, Chambers C, Dubey V, Halperin S, Hanrahan A, Ipp M, Lockett D, MacDonald N, Midmer D, Mousmanis P, Palda V, Pielak K, Riddell RP, Rieder M, Scott J, Shah V. CMAJ. 2010 Dec 14;182(18):E843-55. Epub 2010 Nov 22. Review.
- International outbreak of severe botulism with prolonged toxemia caused by commercial carrot juice. Sheth AN, Wiersma P, Atrubin D, Dubey V, Zink D, Skinner G, Doerr F, Juliao P, Gonzalez G, Burnett C, Drenzek C, Shuler C, Austin J, Ellis A, Maslanka S, Sobel J. Clin Infect Dis. 2008 Nov 15;47(10):1245-51.
- Complete health checkup for adults: Update on the Preventive Care Checklist Form. Iglar K, Katyal S, Matthew R, Dubey V. Can Fam Physician. 2008 Jan;54(1):84-8. Review. Erratum in: Can Fam Physician. 2008 Mar;54(3):351.
- Improving preventive service delivery at adult complete health check-ups: the Preventive health Evidence-based Recommendation Form (PERFORM) cluster randomized controlled trial. Dubey V, Mathew R, Iglar K, Moineddin R, Glazier R. BMC Fam Pract. 2006 Jul 12;7:44.
- Preventive care checklist form. Evidence-based tool to improve preventive health care during complete health assessment of adults. Dubey V, Glazier R. Can Fam Physician. 2006 Jan;52:48-55.