Brent Moloughney MD, MSc, FRCPC
- Email Address(es)
- Office Phone
- Office Address
- Medical Director Health Promotion, Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention Public Health Ontario 480 University Ave, Suite 300 Toronto, ON M5G 1V2
- Clinical Public Health Division
- Assistant Professor
- Appointment Status
- Status Only
- healthy built environment
- design and functioning of public health systems and organizations
- public health workforce development
Education & Training History
FRCPC (community medicine) 1994; University of Ottawa
MSc (epidemiology) 1992; University of Ottawa
MD 1986; University of Toronto
BSc (microbiology) 1983; University of Toronto
Primary Teaching Responsibilities
Honours & Awards
Current Research Projects
- none at present
- Moloughney BW, Moore K, Dagnone D, Strong D. The development of national Entrustable Professional Activities to inform the training and assessment of public health and preventive medicine residents. Can Med Educ J 2017; 8(3): e71-80.
- Moloughney BW, Bursey GE, Neumann J, et al. Incorporating consideration of health impacts into land use development approval processes: Development of a Health Background Study Framework. Can J Public Health 2015; 106(Suppl 1): e533-e539.
- Moloughney BW. Public health readiness and role in transformation to a community-based primary healthcare system. Healthc Pap 2014; 13(3): 64-70.
- Moloughney BW. Public health medicine, public health practice, and public health systems. Can J Public Health 2013; 104(2): e115-e116.
- Changing Course: Creating Supportive Environments for Healthy Living in Peel. Prepared for Peel Public Health. 2013.
- Moloughney BWP. A Pilot Project to Enumerate the Public Health Workforces in Selected Provinces. Prepared for Public Health Human Resources Task Group, Public Health Network Council. 2012.
- Moloughney BWP. Developing an Injury Prevention Framework for Nunavut. Prepared for: Nunavut Department of Health and Social Services. 2012.
- Moloughney BWP. Eliminating Tobacco in Canada: Public Health Priorities, Capacity, and Comprehensive Action. Prepared for the Canadian Public Health Association. 2011.
- Moloughhney BWP. Improving screening rates for chlaymida and other STIs in Ottawa. Prepared for Ottawa Public Health. 2011.
- Harvey BJ, Moloughney BW, Iglar KT. Identifying public health competencies relevant to family medicine. Am J Prev Med 2011; 41(4 suppl 3): s251-5.
- Massé R, Moloughney B. New era for schools and programs of public health in Canada. Public Health Rev 2011; 33 (1).
- Moloughney BWP, Waterfield S. Clarifying provincial level public health roles and responsibilities. Prepared for Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care; and Ontario Agency for Health Protection and Promotion. 2010.
- Moloughney BWP. Integrating Social Determinants of Health and Health Equity into Canadian Public Health Practice: Environmental Scan 2010. Prepared for National Collaborating Centre for Determinants of Health. 2010.
- Moloughney BWP. Defining and Strengthening the Public Health System in Nunavut. Prepared for the Nunavut Department of Health and Social Services. 2007.
- Moloughney BWP. Building a Stronger Public Health System for the People of Saskatchewan. Prepared for Saskatchewan Health.2006.
- Moloughney BWP. Review of Recent Policy Documents –Issues in Creating a Public Health System to Meet the Needs of First Nations in Ontario. Prepared for First Nations and Inuit Health Branch – Ontario Region. 2006
- Moloughney BWP. Guidelines for MPH Programs in Canada. Prepared for Public Health Agency of Canada.2006.
- Moloughney BWP. Schools of Public Health and the Strengthening of Public Health Systems in Canada – A Discussion Paper. Prepared for the Public Health Human Resources Task Group.2006.
- Moloughney BWP. The Renewal of Public Health in Nova Scotia: Building a Public Health System to Meet the Needs of Nova Scotians. Prepared for Nova Scotia Department of Health and Nova Scotia Health Promotion.2005.
- Moloughney BWP. Improving Public Health System Infrastructure in Canada. Prepared for the Strengthening Public Health System Task Force – F/P/T ACPHHS.2005.
- Moloughney BWP. The Development of Public Health Goals for Canada – An Initial Discussion. Prepared for the Canadian Public Health Association.2005.
- Moloughney BWM. A Health Care Needs Assessment of Federal Inmates. Prepared for Correctional Service Canada. Published as a supplement in Can J Public Health 2004 Mar-Apr;95 Suppl 1:S9-63.