Peizhong Peter Wang MD, PhD
- Email Address(es)
- Office Phone
- Office Address
- 4M205, 300 Prince Philip Drive
- Director, Centre for New Immigrants Wellbeing
- Clinical Public Health Division
- SGS Status
- Associate Member
- Appointment Status
- Status Only
- cancer epidemiology
- arthritis and disability epidemiology
- immigrants health
- nutritional epidemiology
- statistics modeling
- hepatitis epidemiology
- quality of life
- survey methods
Dr. Wang is a tenured professor (Epidemiology) , Faculty of Medicine, Memorial University of Newfoundland (MUN) and Professor (status only) at DLSPH, University of Toronto. Director, Centre for New Immigrants Wellbeing (CNIW). Dr. Wang graduated from Tianjin Medical University, China and received his PhD in Epidemiology from the Dalla Lana School of Public Health, University of Toronto.
Dr. Wang has extensive research experience with broad interests including: cancer epidemiology, arthritis and disability, immigrant health and quality of life, aging, health surveys, and epidemiological modeling. Among many recognitions, Dr. Wang received the Arthritis Society and CIHR Joint Fellowship Award, distinguished visiting professor award from Tianjin Government, and Science and Chinese National Technology Achievement Award. He has been a lead investigator or a co-investigator for more than 30 research grants that have been supported by various provincial, national, and international funding agencies. Dr. Wang is a reviewer for a number of funding agencies and academic journals; he has published more than 80 articles in peer reviewed scientific journals. In the past 5 years, Dr. Wang’s main research focus has been in epidemiology of colorectal cancer, and his research in this area has been well recognized internationally. He also holds a CIHR sponsored COVID-19 project as PI and a SSHRC COVID-19 project as co-investigator. In addition to his primary academic affiliation, Dr. Wang also holds academic appointments in other institutes.
Dr. Wang is committed to teaching and training future public health researchers and practitioners. He teaches both undergraduate and graduate classes at Memorial University of Newfoundland and Tianjin Medical University. The courses Dr. Wang has chaired or taught since 2005 include: Introduction to Epidemiology (MED 6270), , Advanced Epidemiology (MED 6275), Chronic Disease Epidemiology (MED 6274), Research Methods and Cancer Biology and Epidemiology Methods I (CHL 5410, DLSPH) . Dr. Wang has been a thesis supervisor or a supervisory committee member to more than 30 MSc or Ph.D students.
2002-2004: Postdoctoral Fellow, University Health Network, University of Toronto
1996 – 2003: Ph.D. in Epidemiology (major) and Biostatistics (minor), Dalla Lana School of Public Health (former Department of Public Health Sciences), University of Toronto, Canada
1996:The Medical Council of Canada Evaluating Examination (MCCEE) for graduates of international medical schools (Pass)
1991-1993: Post-doctorial Fellow, Department of Community Health and Epidemiology, College of Medicine, University of Saskatchewan
1990 – 1991: Special student: Department of Community Health Sciences, University of Manitoba, Canada
1983-1986: MSc., Tianjin Medical University, Tianjin, China
1978-1983: M.D., Tianjin Medical University, Tianjin, China
Selected Publications in Peer-reviewed Journals:
- Needle R, Gilbert L., Zahariadis G, Yu, Yang,, Hedy, D, Russell R, Wang P, Donovan C, Hookey S, Jiao L. Serological Evaluation of Human Antibodies of the Immunoglobulin Class A and G against SARS-CoV-2 in Serum Collected in Newfoundland and Labrador, Viral Immunology, 2020 (accepted).
- Ratnam, S., Jang, D., Gilbert, L., Alaghehbandan, R., Schell, M., Needle, R., Ecobichon-Morris, A., Wang, P.P., Rahman, M., Costescu, D., et al. (2020). CINtec PLUS and cobas HPV testing for triaging Canadian women referred to colposcopy with a history of low-grade squamous intraepithelial lesion: Baseline findings. Papillomavirus Res 10, 100206.
- Shi, F., Shaver, L.G., Kong, Y., Yi, Y., Aubrey-Bassler, K., Asghari, S., Etchegary, H., Adefemi, K., and Wang, P.P. (2020). Sociodemographics and their impacts on risk factor awareness and beliefs about cancer and screening: results from a cross-sectional study in Newfoundland and Labrador. BMC Public Health 20, 1513.
- Chen, W., Jiang, J., Wang, P.P., Gong, L., Chen, J., Du, W., Bi, K., and Diao, H. (2019a). Identifying Hepatocellular Carcinoma Driver Genes by Integrative Pathway Crosstalk and Protein Interaction Network. DNA Cell Biol 38, 1112-1124.
- Chen, W., Zhuang, J., Wang, P.P., Jiang, J., Lin, C., Zeng, P., Liang, Y., Zhang, X., Dai, Y., and Diao, H. (2019b). DNA methylation-based classification and identification of renal cell carcinoma prognosis-subgroups. Cancer Cell Int 19, 185.
- Shaver, L.G., Khawer, A., Yi, Y., Aubrey-Bassler, K., Etchegary, H., Roebothan, B., Asghari, S., and Wang, P.P. (PI and corresponding author). (2019). Using Facebook Advertising to Recruit Representative Samples: Feasibility Assessment of a Cross-Sectional Survey. J Med Internet Res 21, e14021
- Aubrey-Bassler FK, Cullen RM, Simms A, Asghari S1, Crane J, Wang PP, Godwin M1. Population-based cohort study of hospital delivery volume, geographic accessibility, and obstetric outcomes. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2019 Jul;146(1):95-102. doi: 10.1002/ijgo.12832.
- Sharma I, Roebothan B, Mulay S, Zhu Y, Shivappa N. and Wang PP (PI and corresponding author). Hypothesis and Data-Driven Dietary patterns and Colorectal Cancer Survival: Findings from Newfoundland and Labrador Colorectal Cancer Cohort, Nutr J 2018, 17(1):55. doi: 1186/s12937-018-0362-x.
- Zhu Y, Wang PP (PI and corresponding author), Zhai GJ, Bapat B, Savas S, Woodrow J, Campbell P, Li YM, Yang N, Zhou X, Dicks E, Mclaughlin JR and Parfrey P. Association of rs2282679 A>C polymorphism in vitamin D binding protein gene with colorectal cancer risk and survival: effect modification by dietary vitamin D intake, BMC Cancer 2018. 18(1):155. doi: 10.1186/s12885-018-4026-1.
- Wang M, Yi Y,B. Colbourne J, Maddalena V, Sun G, Wang P. Trajectories of Body Mass Index among Canadian Seniors and Associated Mortality Risk, BMC Public Health. BMC Public Health 2017,17:929.
- Zhu Y, Wang PP (PI and corresponding author), Zhai G, Bapat B, Savas S, Woodrow JR, et al. Vitamin D receptor and calcium-sensing receptor polymorphisms and colorectal cancer survival in the Newfoundland population. Br J Cancer 2017,117:898-906.
- Sharma I, Zhu Y, Woodrow JR, Mulay S, Parfrey PS, McLaughlin JR, Hebert JR, Shivappa N, Li Y, Zhou X, Wang PP (PI and corresponding author). Inflammatory diet and risk for colorectal cancer: A population-based case-control study in Newfoundland, Canada. Nutrition 2017,42:69-74.
- An R, Wang PP: Length of stay, hospitalization cost, and in-hospital mortality in US adult inpatients with immune thrombocytopenic purpura, 2006-2012. Vascular health and risk management 2017, 13:15-21.
- Zhou X, Liu XL, Ji WJ, Liu JX, Guo ZZ, Ren D, Ma YQ, Zeng S, Xu ZW, Li HX, Wang PP, Zhang Z, Li YM, Benefield BC, Zawada AM, Thorp EB, Lee DC, Heine GH. The Kinetics of Circulating Monocyte Subsets and Monocyte-Platelet Aggregates in the Acute Phase of ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction: Associations with 2-Year Cardiovascular Events. Medicine (Baltimore). 2016 May;95(18):e3466. doi: 10.1097/MD.0000000000003466. PMID: 27149446
- Zhou X, Niu JM, Ji WJ, Zhang Z, Wang PP, Ling XF, Li YM: Precision test for precision medicine: opportunities, challenges and perspectives regarding pre-eclampsia as an intervention window for future cardiovascular disease. American journal of translational research 2016, 8:1920-34.
- Zhou X, Liu XL, Ji WJ, Liu JX, Guo ZZ, Ren D, Ma YQ, Zeng S, Xu ZW, Li HX, Wang PP, Zhang Z, Li YM, Benefield BC, Zawada AM, Thorp EB, Lee DC, Heine GH: The Kinetics of Circulating Monocyte Subsets and Monocyte-Platelet Aggregates in the Acute Phase of ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction: Associations with 2-Year Cardiovascular Events. Medicine 2016, 95:e3466.
- Lei Q, Zhou X, Zhou YH, Mai CY, Hou MM, Lv LJ, Duan DM, Wen JY, Lin XH, Wang PP, Ling XB, Li YM, Niu JM: Prehypertension During Normotensive Pregnancy and Postpartum Clustering of Cardiometabolic Risk Factors: A Prospective Cohort Study. Hypertension 2016, 68:455-63.
- Ji WJ, Ma YQ, Zhang X, Zhang L, Zhang YD, Su CC, Xiang GA, Zhang MP, Lin ZC, Wei LQ, Wang PP, Zhang Z, Li YM, Zhou X: Inflammatory monocyte/macrophage modulation by liposome-entrapped spironolactone ameliorates acute lung injury in mice. Nanomedicine 2016, 11:1393-406.
- Cui T, Wang PP, Liu S, Zhang X. P300 amplitude and latency in autism spectrum disorder: a meta-analysis. Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 2017,26:177-190.
- Wang M, Yi Yanqing, Roebothan B, Colbourne J, Maddalena V, Sun G, Wang PP. Body Mass Index Trajectories among Middle-Aged and elderly Canadians and Associated Health Outcomes. J Environ Public Health, 2016:7014857. doi: 10.1155/2016/7014857.
- Duke P, Godwin M, Peach M, Fortier J, Bornstein S, Buehler S, , McCrate F, Pike A, Wang PP, Cullen RM. An Investigation of Cancer Rates in the Argentia Region, Newfoundland and Labrador: An Ecological Study. Journal of environmental and public health. 2015;2015:42156
- Wang M, Yi Yanqing, Roebothan B, Colbourne J, Maddalena V, Wang PP, Sun G. Trajectories of body mass index from young adulthood to middle age among Canadian men and women. Advances in Epidemiology, 2016 (accepted and upcoming)
- Chen, Z. Wang PP (PI and corresponding author), Shi L, Zhu Y, Liu L, Gao Z, Woodrow J, Roebothan B. Comparison in dietary patterns derived for the Canadian Newfoundland and Labrador population through two time-separated studies. Nutr J, 2015. 14(1): p. 75.
- Aubrey-Bassler K, Cullen RM, Simms A, Asghari S, Crane J, Wang PP, Godwin M: Outcomes of deliveries by family physicians or obstetricians: a population-based cohort study using an instrumental variable. CMAJ 2015.
- Chen Z, Liu L, Roebothan B, Ryan A, Colbourne J, Baker N, Wang P (PI and corresponding author). Four major dietary patterns identified for a target-population of adults residing in Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. BMC Public Health 2015,15:69.
- Chen Z, Wang PP (PI and corresponding author), Woodrow J, Zhu Y, Roebothan B, McLaughlin JR, et al. Dietary patterns and colorectal cancer: results from a Canadian population-based study. Nutr J. 2015;14(1):8
- Yan J, Liu L, Zhu Y, Huang G, Wang PP (PI and corresponding author). The association between breastfeeding and childhood obesity: a meta-analysis. BMC Public Health. 2014;14(1):1267.
- Zhang LW, Chen X, Xue XD, Sun M, Han B, Li CP, Ma J, Yu H, Sun ZR, Zhao LJ, Zhao BX, Liu YM, Chen J, Wang PP, Bai ZP, Tang NJ: Long-term exposure to high particulate matter pollution and cardiovascular mortality: a 12-year cohort study in four cities in northern China. Environment international 2014, 62:41-7.
- Roche, MM and Wang PP (Ph.D. supervisor), Factors Associated with a Diabetes Diagnosis and Late Diabetes Diagnosis for Males and Females. J Clin Transl Endocrinol, 2014. 1:77-84.
- Yan J, Liu L, Roebothan B, Ryan A, Chen Z, Yi Y, Wang PP (PI and corresponding author). A preliminary investigation into diet adequacy in senior residents of Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada: a cross-sectional study. BMC Public Health 2014:14:302.
- Zhu Y, Yang SR, Wang PP (PI and corresponding author), Savas S, Wish T, Zhao J, Green R, Woods M, Sun Z, Roebothan B, Squires J, Buehler S, Dicks E, Zhao J, McLaughlin JR, Parfrey PS, Campbell PT. Influence of pre-diagnostic cigarette smoking on colorectal cancer survival: overall and by tumour molecular phenotype. Br J Cancer. 2014; 110:1359-66.
- Zhu Y, Wang PP (PI and corresponding author), Green R, Sun ZY, Roebothan B, Squires J, Buehler S, Dicks E, Zhao JH, Cotterchio M, Campbell PT, Jain M, Parfrey PS, Mclaughlin. Dietary N-nitrososo compounds and risk of colorectal cancer: a case-control study in Newfoundland and Labrador and Ontario, Canada. Br J Nutr; 2013;111:1109-17.
- Liu F, Loucks-Atkinson A, Wang PP (PI and corresponding author). Smoking and drinking patterns in adult Canadians with physical disabilities: Analyses of 2001 Participation and Activity Limitation Survey (PI and corresponding author). BMC Res Notes. 2013 6(1):218.
- Roche MM, Wang PP (Supervisor): Sex differences in all-cause and cardiovascular mortality, hospitalization for individuals with and without diabetes, and patients with diabetes diagnosed early and late. Diabetes Care 2013, 36:2582-90.
- Liu L, Wang PP (PI and corresponding author), Roebothan B, Ryan A, Tucker CS, Colbourne J, Baker N, Cotterchio M, Yi Y, and Sun G. Assessing the validity of a self-administered food-frequency questionnaire (FFQ) in the adult population of Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. Nutr J 2013;12:49.
- Zhu Y, Wu H, Wang PP (PI and corresponding author), Savas S, Woodrow J, Wish T, Jin R, Green R, Woods M, Roebothan B, et al. Dietary patterns and colorectal cancer recurrence and survival: a cohort study. BMJ Open 2013:3(2).
- Colbourne J, Baker N, Wang PP (PI), Liu L, Tucker C, Roebothan B. Should the Fortification of Foods with B Vitamins be Revisited? A pilot study to estimate the adequacy of recent intakes of niacin, folate and vitamin B12 from foods by a sample of adults residing in Newfoundland and Labrador. Can J Diet Pract Res 2013;74:63-8
- Xie J, Ross A, Wang J, Maddalena V, Wu H, Wang PP (PI). The Volunteer Experience of Chinese Immigrants in Canada. The International Journal of Volunteer Administration 2012; 29(2):1-19
- Zhao J, Zhu Y, Wang PP (PI and corresponding author), West R, Buehler S, Sun Z, Squires J, Roebothan B, McLaughlin JR, Campbell PT, et al. Interaction between alcohol drinking and obesity in relation to colorectal cancer risk: a case-control study in Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. BMC Public Health 2012:12:94.
- Sun Z, Liu L, Wang PP (PI and corresponding author), Roebothan B, Zhao J, Dicks E, Cotterchio M, Buehler S, Campbell PT, McLaughlin JR, et al. Association of total energy intake and macronutrient consumption with colorectal cancer risk: results from a large population-based case-control study in Newfoundland and Labrador and Ontario, Canada. Nutr J 2012:11(1):18.
- Sikdar KC, Dowden J, Alaghehbandan R, Macdonald D, Wang PP, Gadag V. Adverse drug reactions in elderly hospitalized patients: a 12-year population-based retrospective cohort study. Ann Pharmacother 2012:46(7-8):960-971.
- Sang Z, Wang PP, Yao Z, Shen J, Halfyard B, Tan L, Zhao N, Wu Y, Gao S, Tan J, et al. Exploration of the safe upper level of iodine intake in euthyroid Chinese adults: a randomized double-blind trial. Am J Clin Nutr 2012:95(2):367-373.
- Rawson JB, Sun Z, Dicks E, Daftary D, Parfrey PS, Green RC, Gallinger S, McLaughlin JR, Wang PP, Knight JA, et al. Vitamin D Intake Is Negatively Associated with Promoter Methylation of the Wnt Antagonist Gene DKK1 in a Large Group of Colorectal Cancer Patients. Nutr Cancer 2012:32:687-696.
- Liu JJ, Zhang S, Hao X, Xie J, Zhao J, Wang J, Liu L, Wang PP (PI and corresponding author), Zhang J. Breast-conserving therapy versus modified radical mastectomy: socioeconomic status determines who receives what–results from case-control study in Tianjin, China. Cancer Epidemiol 2012:36(1):89-93.
- Sun Z, Zhu Y, Wang PP (PI and corresponding author), Roebothan B, Zhao J, Dicks E, Cotterchio M, Buehler S, Campbell PT, McLaughlin JR, Parfrey PS. Reported Intake of Selected Micronutrients and Risk of Colorectal Cancer: Results from a Large Population-based Case-control Study in Newfoundland, Labrador and Ontario, Canada. Anticancer Res 2012:32:687-696.
- Sun ZY, Wang PP (PI and corresponding author), Roebothan B, Zhao J, Zhu Y, Cotterchio M, Green R, Buehler S, Zhao J, Squires, J, Zhao J, Dicks E, Campbell PT, Mclaughlin J, Parfrey J. Calcium and Vitamin D and risk of Colorectal Cancer: results from a large population-based case-control study in Newfoundland and Labrador and Ontario. Can J Public Health 2011;102:382-389. (PI and corresponding author)
- Wang J, Liu F, Wang PP (PI). Analysis of lifestyles and the associated factors among Asian immigrants in Canada. Chin J Prev Contr Chron Dis 2011;19:141-144.
- Qi XY, Sun J, Wang J, Wang PP, Jia ZL, Wu TY, Wang JH, Murphy M, Xu WL.Latent autoimmune diabetes and the associated factors – a population based epidemiological study in China. Diabetes Care 2011:34:66-70.
- Myles A, Mugford G, Zhao J, Krahn M, Wang PP (PI and corresponding author). Physicians’ attitudes and practice towards treating injection drug users with hepatitis C – results from a national specialist survey in Canada. Can J Gastroenterol 2011;25:135-139. (PI and corresponding author)
- Li W, Chen KX, Halfyard B, Li HX, Qian BY, Wang PP (PI and corresponding author). Validation Study of the Chinese version of the Illness Intrusiveness Ratings Scale. J Psychosom Res 2011;70:67-72.
- Zhao JH, Halfyard B, West R, Buehler S, Roebothan B, Sun ZY, Cotterchio M, Younghusband B, Squires J, McLaughlin J, Parfrey P, Wang PP (PI and corresponding author). Tobacco Smoking and Colorectal Cancer: A population-based Case-Control Study in Newfoundland and Labrador. Can J Public Health 2010;101:281-289.
- Sikdar KC, Wang PP, MacDonald D, Gadag V. Diabetes and Its Impact on Health-related Quality of Life: A Life Table Analysis. Qual Life Res 2010;19:781-7. (major contribution)
- Squires J, Roebothan B, Buehler S, Sun ZY, Cotterchio M, Younghusband B, Dicks E, Mclaughlin J, Parfrey J, Wang PP (PI and corresponding author). Pickled meat consumption and colorectal cancer (CRC): A case-control study in Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. Cancer Causes and Control 2010;21:1513-21.
- Sun Z, Xiong H, Kearney A, Zhang J, Liu W, Huang GW, Wang PP (PI and corresponding author). Breast cancer screening among Asian immigrant women in Canada. Cancer Epidemiol 2010;34(1):73-8.
- Xiong H, Mathews M, Gadag V, Murphy D, Wang PP (PI and corresponding author). Cervical Cancer Screening Among Asian Immigrant and Non-Immigrant Women in Canada. Am J Health Behav 2010;34:131-143.
- Yang Z, Wang S, Li Q, Li Y, Wei M, Gao H, Donovan C, Wang PP (PI and corresponding author). Determining SARS sub-clinical infection – a longitudinal sero-epidemiological study in recovered SARS patients and controls after an outbreak in a general hospital. Scand J Infect Dis 2009;41:507-510.
- Sun ZY, Xiong H, Zhang XM, Huang GW, Wang PP (PI and corresponding author). Examining the health status and the associated factors of Asian immigrants in Canada. Chin J Epidemiol (PUBMED indexed Chinese journal with English abstract) 2009;30:260-364.
- Wang PP (PI and corresponding author), Dicks E, Gong XY, Buehler S, Zhao JH, Younghusband B, Squires J, McLaughlin J, Parfrey P. Validity of random-digit-dialing in recruiting controls in a case-control study. Am J Health Behav 2009;33:513-20.
- Wang PP. Causal effect decomposition and its implications in epidemiological studies. JP Journal of Epidemiological Studies 2008;2:169-184.
- Liu W, Hao XS, Chen Y, Li HX, Wang SJ, Wang P, Jin Y, Guan LJ, Fan Q, Song LN, Ping YM, Wang R, Liu JF, Wang XL. Lymph node metastases from carcinoma of the thoracic esophagus and cardia: a random sample report of 1526 cases. Chinese Journal of Clinical Oncology (PUBMED Chinese journal with English abstract) 2008;35:601-605.
- Liu W, Hao XS, Fan Q, Li HX, Song LN, Wang SJ, Wang P, Chen Y, Jin Y, Guan LY, Ping YM, Meng XL, Wang R, Liu JF, Wang XL. Cox proportional hazard model analysis of prognosis in patients with carcinoma of esophagus and gastric cardia after radical resection. Chinese Journal of Oncology (PUBMED indexed Chinese journal with English abstract) 2008;30:921-5.
- Yi QL, Wang PP, He YH. Reliability analysis for continuous measurements: Equivalence test for agreement. Stat Med 2008;27:2816-25.
- Liu W, Hao XS, Jin Y, Li HX, Wang P, et al. Analysis of clinicopathologic features of esophageal cancer patients after surgery – a report of 4,329 cases. Chinese Journal of Clinical Oncology (PUBMED indexed Chinese journal with English abstract) 2008;35:241-244.
- Li Q, Li H, Qin Y, Wang PP, Hao X. Comparison of surgical outcomes for small hepatocellular carcinoma in patients with hepatitis B versus hepatitis C: a Chinese experience. J Gastroenterol Hepatol 2007;22:1936-41.
- Shea JL, Randell E, Vasdev S, Wang PP, Roebothan B, Sun G. Serum retinol-binding protein 4 concentrations in response to short-term over eating in normal weight, overweight and obese men. Am J Clin Nutr 2007;86:1310-5.
- Wu XY, Ding XL, Wang PP (PI). Perceptions of Chinese Immigrants of their Health Status Living and Job Satisfaction in Canada. Chinese Journal of Public Health (PUBMED indexed Chinese journal with English abstract) 2007;12:520-524.
- Niu Y, Fu XL, Wang PP, Cao XC. Intra-operative frozen section diagnosis of breast lesions: a retrospective analysis of 13,243 Chinese patients. Chin Med J 2007;120:630-635.
- Li Q, Li HK, Butt K, Wang PP, Hao XS. Factors Associated with Disease Survival after Surgical Resection in Chinese Patients with Hepatocellular Carcinoma. World J Surg 2006;30(3):439-45.
- Wang PP (PI and corresponding author), Badley EM, Gignac MA. Exploring the role of contextual factors in disability models. Disability Rehabilitation 2006;28:135-40.
- Wang SX, Li YM, Sun BC, Zhang SW, Zhao WH, Wei MT, Chen KX, Zhao XL, Zhang ZL, Krahn M, Cheung AC, Wang PP (Corresponding author). The SARS outbreak in a general hospital in Tianjin, China – the case of super-spreader. Epidemiol Infect 2006;134:786-791.
- Chen KX, Wang PP (corresponding author), Hao XS, et al. “Has lung cancer incidence rate reached its peak?” Twenty-year lung cancer incidence trend analysis based a Chinese urban population. Lung Cancer 2006;51:13-9.
- Wang PP (PI and corresponding author), Badley EM, Gignac MA. Perceived need for workplace accommodation and labour force participation in Canadian adults with activity limitations. A J Public Health 2004;94(9): 1515-8.
- Wang PP (PI and corresponding author), Badley EM, Gignac MA. Activity limitation, coping efficacy and perceived physical independence in people with arthritis disability. Disability Rehabilitation 2004;26:785-793.
- Yi QL, Wang PP, Krahn M. Estimating stage-specific Markov transition probability from a single measurement of state distribution: The case of hepatitis C. J Viral Hepatitis 2004;11:16-174. (co-author, major role)
- Wang PP (PI and corresponding author), Badley EM. Consistent low prevalence of arthritis in Quebec: findings from a provincial variation study in Canada based on several Canadian population health surveys. J Rheumatol 2003;30:126-31. (lead author, major role)
- Hao XS, Wang PP (Corresponding author), Chen KX, et al. Twenty-year trends of primary liver cancer incidence rates in an urban Chinese population. Eur J Cancer Prev 2003;12:273-9.
- Hao XS, Chen KX, Wang PP (Corresponding author), Rohan T. Changes in survival patterns in urban Chinese patients with liver cancer. World J Gastroenterol 2003;9:1212-5.
- Chen KX, Wang PP, Zhang SW, Li LD, Lu FZ. Regional variations in mortality rates of pancreatic cancer in China: results from the 1990-1992 national mortality survey. World J Gastroenterol 2003;9(11):2557- 60.
- Wang PP, Yi Q, Scully L, Heathcote J, Krahn M. Indications for interferon/ribavirin therapy in hepatitis C patients: findings from a survey of Canadian hepatologists. Can J Gastroenterol 2003;17(3):183-6.
- Wang PP (PI and corresponding author), Badley EM. Contribution of chronic conditions to aggregate changes in old-age functioning. Am J Public Health 2002;92:7-8.
- Badley EM, Wang PP. The contribution of arthritis and arthritis disability to non-participation in the labour force: A Canadian example. J Rheumatol 2001; 28:1077-82.
- Wang PP (PI and corresponding author), Elsbett-Koeppen R, Geng G, Badley EM. Arthritis prevalence and place of birth: findings from the 1994 Canadian National Population Health Survey. Am J Epidemiology 2000;152:442-5.
- Badley EM, Wang PP. Arthritis and the aging population: projections of arthritis prevalence in Canada, 1991 to 2031. J Rheumatol 1998;25:138-144.
- Badley EM, Rothman LM, Wang PP. Modeling physical dependence in arthritis: the relative contribution of specific disabilities and environmental factors. Arthritis Care Res 1998;11:335-45.
- Coyte P, Wang PP, Hawker G, Wright JG. The relationship between variations in knee replacement utilization rates and the reported prevalence of arthritis in Ontario, Canada. J Rheumatol 1997;24:2403-12.
- Rothman LM, Wang PP, Badley EM. Contribution of disability to dependence in arthritis: a secondary analysis of the 1986 Canadian Health and Activity Limitation Survey. Can J Rehabilitation 1997;11:22-23.
- Yu Y, Hu J, Wang PP, et al. Risk factors for bladder cancer: a case-control study in northeast China. Eur J Cancer Prev 1997;6:363-9.
- Wang PP, Cao Y. Incidence trends of female breast cancer in Saskatchewan, 1932-1990. Breast Cancer Res Treat 1996;37:197-207.
- Senthilselvan A, Pahwa P, Wang P, McDuffie HH, Dosman JA. Persistent wheeze in grain elevator workers should not be ignored. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 1996;153:701-5.
- Wang PP, Haines CS. Childhood and adolescent leukaemia in a North American population. Int J Epidemiol 1995;24:1100-9.
- Haines CS, Tonita JM, Wang PP. Forty-two-year prostate cancer incidence trends in a defined population of one million served by a reimbursement-linked cancer registry. J Natl Cancer Inst 1994;86:230-1.
- Haines CS, Wang PP. Pap smear history review among cervical cancer patients in Northern Saskatchewan, 1965-90. Chronic Dis Can 1994;15:55-58.
- Haines CS, Wang PP. Wilms’ tumor study in Saskatchewan, 1932-1990. Chronic Dis Can 1994;15:97-101.
- Haines CS, Wang PP, Robson D, Webster S, Vezia L. Communicating lung cancer risk to a Community with high levels of radon. Chronic Dis Can 1994;15:28-32.
- Manfreda J, Becker AB, Wang PP, Roos LL, Anthonisen NR. Trends in physician-diagnosed asthma prevalence in Manitoba between, 1980 and 1990. Chest 1993;103:151-7.
- Wang PP (PI and corresponding author), Geng GY. Hypertension risk factors and epidemiological study in middle-aged intellectuals in China. Chin J Epidemiol (PUBMED indexed Chinese journal with English abstract) 1989;10:90-3.
- Wang PP, Geng GY, Xue LH. The relationship between hypertension and some elements in body. Chin J Cardio (PUBMED indexed Chinese journal with English abstract) 1988;16:10.