JJ Berry Smith Doctoral Supervision Award
JJ Berry Smith Doctoral Supervision Award – Call for Nomination
Deadline: Monday, March, 4, 2013.
Purpose: The School of Graduate Studies will award its first JJ Berry Smith Doctoral Supervision Award which recognizes outstanding performance in the multiple roles associated with doctoral (PhD) supervision.
Criteria: It will be awarded annually to an active faculty member who, over a minimum of a fifteen year period, has demonstrated excellence in doctoral supervision at the University of Toronto as indicated by:
· inspiring and guiding students to reach excellence in scholarship;
· providing an environment that is supportive and stimulating;
· enabling students to learn the essential methodologies, concepts and cultures of their discipline;
· introducing students to the wider content of the discipline and relevant communities of scholars;
· positioning students for future careers both within and outside academe;
· fostering a strong sense of academic integrity.
In addition to the SGS Nomination Form, the required documents should also provide evidence that the nominee has met the above six criteria through:
· a letter from the graduate department chair or a current or former colleague,
· one letter from a former or current supervisee (this letter may also be a group nomination)
· a CV indicating all co-publications/presentations with current and former doctoral students, if applicable
Further information: Please contact email@example.com.