Foundations of Practice I
- Course Number
- 5600 (Clinical Public Health)
- Course Instructor(s)
- Pierrette Buklis
- Examines the variety of community nutrition services;
- On-site observation of and selected participation in the agencies.
- To establish a conceptual framework for community nutrition practice;
- To examine community nutrition programs, services, and activities in the public, voluntary, and private sectors;
- To analyze the roles and functions of community nutritionists;
- To examine the policies, legislation, resources and issues that influence and support practice;
- To promote the development of knowledge and skills needed for the practice of community nutrition; and
- To promote the ability of each student to articulate and learn from experiences in the field and in the classroom.