Public Health Sanitation
- Course Number
- 5400 (Epidemiology)
- Field-Based, Lecture
- Course Instructor(s)
- James A Scott
- Emphasis will be on sanitary innovations as a basis for the advancement of modern societies. Topics discussed will include:
- water quality/ ground water/ water treatment;
- wastewater/ sewage treatment;
- solid waste/ pest management; and
- agricultural systems/ mycotoxins/ food preservation & spoilage.
- The course will consist of classroom lectures and off-site field visits to: a) water treatment plant, b) wastewater treatment plant, c) recycling plant, and d) meat processing plant.
- Students will be required to have safety boots for field trips.