Social Determinants of Health
- Course Number
- 5100 (Social and Behavioural Health Science)
- Course Instructor(s)
- Arjumand Siddiqi
- Expands categories of disease risk beyond disease pathology and individual factors to psychological and sociological phenomena; appropriate theoretical bases.
- to equip students with a basic and critical understanding of major sociological theories as they apply to the concept of social determinants of health.
- to support students in creating and analyzing various conceptual frameworks and explanations of the determinants of health based on their own experience and initial understandings.
- to provide students with theoretical tools to use and apply / of social determinants of health in the analysis of particular health and illness issues.