Paul Bozek BASc, MEng, MBA, PEng, CIH, ROH
- Email Address(es)
- Office Phone
- (416) 978-6236
- Office Address
- Gage Occupational & Environmental Health Unit, University of Toronto 223 College Street Toronto, ON M5T 1R4
- Occupational & Environmental Health Division
- Assistant Professor
- SGS Status
- Associate Member
- Admin Position
- Program Director
- quantitative exposure measurements to toxic materials
- chemical exposure control technology
- work population chemical exposure profiles
Education & Training History
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), American Board of Industrial Hygiene (1990)
- Registered Occupational Hygienist (ROH), Canadian Registration Board of Occupational Hygienists (1990)
- Professional Engineer (PEng), Professional Engineers Ontario (1989)
- Master of Business Administration, Schulich School of Business, York University, Toronto (1991)
- Master of Engineering (Industrial Hygiene), Department of Chemical Engineering and Applied Chemistry, University of Toronto (1989)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Chemical Engineering), Department of Chemical Engineering and Applied Chemistry, University of Toronto (1985)
Chair, ROH Examination Committee, Canadian Registration Board of Occupational Hygienists
Immediate Past President, Occupational Hygiene Association of Ontario
Member, Program Committee, Occupational Hygiene Association of Ontario
Member, Publications Committee, Occupational Hygiene Association of Ontario
Primary Teaching Responsibilities
CHL 5902 Advanced Occupational Hygiene
CHL 5907 Physical Agents II (Radiation)
CHL 5910 Introduction to Occupational & Environmental Hygiene
CHL 5911 Occupational & Environmental Hygiene II
CHL 5915 Control Methods in Occupational Hygiene
Honours & Awards
Warren A. Cook Award for Best Published Paper, Am Ind Hyg Assoc Journal, 1992
Current Research Projects
- 2009- 2012 – Asbestos Levels Outside Remediation Enclosures
- 2009-2010 – Measurement of Accuracy and Precision of Short-Period Air Sampling by Direct Reading Instruments
- 2009 – Fiber optic sensor for the detection of hidden indoor mould
AM Sass-Kortsak, PR Bozek, PN Corey, JMcD Robertson. Styrene exposures in a selection of the glass fibre reinforced plastics manufacturing industry in Canada. App Occup & Env Hyg 1996; 11(8): 1081-1086.
Purdham JT, AM Sass-Kortsak, PR Bozek. Comparison of the Charcoal Tube and a Passive Organic Vapour Dosimeter As Sample Collection Devices For The Measurement of Exposure to Gasoline Vapour. Ann Occ Hyg 1994; 38(5): 721-740.
Purdham JT, PR Bozek, AM Sass-Kortsak. The Evaluation of Exposure of Printing Trade Employees to Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons. Ann Occ Hyg 1993; 37(1):35-44.
Purdham JT, AM Sass-Kortsak, PR Bozek, JH Murphy. Exposure of hospital Operating Room Personnel to Potentially Harmful Environmental Agents. Am Ind Hyg Assoc J 1992; 53(3):203-209.
JT Purdham, BJ Menard, PR Bozek, AM Sass-Kortsak. MCPA permeation through protective gloves; App Occup & Env Hyg 16(10): 961-66, 2001
P. Bozek. ” ‘Industrial Exemption’ Repealed – Impact on Hygienists?” OHAO Forum, v36 No 2. Spring, 2013
P. Bozek. “President’s Message – Controversial Science at the Fall Symposium” OHAO Forum, v36 No 1. Winter, 2013.
P. Bozek. “President’s Message – Asbestos Mining Now History in Canada” OHAO Forum, v35 No 4. Fall, 2012.
P. Bozek. “President’s Message – Letter to Chief Prevention Officer re Draft Supervisor Program”. OHAO Forum. V35 No. 3. Summer, 2012
P. Bozek. “President’s Message – The Way Forward from Here”. OHAO Forum. V35 No. 2. Spring, 2012