Daniel Grace MA, PhD
- Email Address(es)
- Office Phone
- Office Address
- Health Sciences Building 155 College St., Suite 556 Toronto, Ontario M5T 3M7
- Social & Behavioural Health Sciences Division
- Assistant Professor
- SGS Status
- Full Member
- Appointment Status
- Tenure Stream
- Social and Structural Determinants of Health
- Qualitative Research Methods and Mixed Methods Research
- Sexual Behaviour, Sexuality and Health
- HIV and STI Prevention, Intervention and Health Communication
- Gay Men’s Health (Social, Sexual, Mental and Physical)
- Social and Behavioural aspects of HIV and STI Transmission
- Institutional Ethnography
- Critical Social Theory
- Social Inequality, Marginalized Populations and Health Outcomes
- Local Alcohol Policy and Evaluation of Complex Interventions
- Legislative Reform and Global Health
Primary Teaching Responsibilities
CHL5102: Social and Political Forces in Health Care (Winter 2017)
CHL5128: Intersectionality, Inequity & Public Health (Fall 2016)
Daniel Grace, Sarah Chown, Michael Kwag, Malcolm Steinberg, Elgin Lim, and Mark Gilbert. (2015). Becoming “Undetectable”: Longitudinal Narratives of Gay Men’s Sex Lives After a Recent HIV Diagnosis. AIDS Education and Prevention, 27(4): 333-349.
Daniel Grace. (2015). Criminalizing HIV transmission using model law: troubling best practice standardizations in the global HIV/AIDS response. Critical Public Health, 25(4): 441-454
Daniel Grace, Malcolm Steinberg, Michael Kwag, Sarah A. Chown, Glenn Doupe, Terry Trussler, Michael Rekart, Mark Gilbert. (2015). Diagnostic Technologies-in-Practice: Gay Men’s Narratives of their Acute or Recent HIV Infection Diagnosis Experiences. Qualitative Health Research, 25(2): 205-217.
Olena Hankivsky, Daniel Grace, Gemma Hunting, Olivier Ferlatte, Natalie Clark, Alycia Fridkin, Melissa Giesbrecht, Sarah Rudrum. (2014). Advancing Equity through Intersectionality: A Framework for Conducting Intersectionality-Based Policy Analysis. International Journal for Equity in Health, 13: 1-16.
Daniel Grace, Sarah A. Chown, Jody Jollimore, Robin Parry, Michael Kwag, Malcolm Steinberg, Terry Trussler, Mark Rekart, Mark Gilbert. (2014). HIV-negative gay men’s accounts of using context-dependent seroadaptive strategies. Culture, Health and Sexuality, 16(3): 316-330.
Daniel Grace. (2013). Transnational Institutional Ethnography: Tracing Text and Talk Beyond State Boundaries. International Journal of Qualitative Methods, 12: 587-605.
Daniel Grace. (2013). Legislative epidemics: the role of model law in the transnational trend to criminalise HIV transmission. Medical Humanities, 33: 77-84.