The Office of Research works with investigators throughout the proposal cycle. Our goal is to improve the overall success rates of grant applications and enable researchers to apply for more funding.
The Research Grant Development Officer offers research proposal support including: writing and editing support; facilitating the overall grant process; and ensuring proposals adhere to agency guidelines.
Please contact the Research Grant Development Officer well in advance of the grant competition internal deadline if you require assistance (minimum 2 weeks).
This page provides information, links, resources, and templates for proposal development, providing a starting point for investigators as they begin writing and preparing their grant proposals.
Proposal Preparation Resources
- The Art of Grantsmanship – A useful guide by Dr. Jacob Kraicer of the University of Toronto Department of Physiology.
- Key Recommendations for Improving Proposal Outcomes
- NIH Grant Writing Tip Sheets
- A Guide for Proposal Writing (National Science Foundation)
- Samples, Templates & Worksheets (Link)
- Guidebook for New Principal Investigators (CIHR)
- The Art of Writing a CIHR Application (CIHR)
Sample Grant Applications
NIH, RO1, RO3, NIAID Sample forms, Plans, letters and More
Research Grant Application Checklist
Once you have identified a potential funding source, use this checklist as a guide to ensure on-time submission.
CIHR Project Grant Checklists:
Registration Project Grant – Checklist
Full Application Project Grant – Checklist