On behalf of the faculty and staff, we would like to welcome you to the Department of Public Health Sciences, in the Dalla Lana School of Public Health, at the University of Toronto. Below is administrative and academic information to help you begin your studies. Please contact the Graduate Office if you require assistance.
MHSc Bioethics students: Please join faculty and staff at the Joint Centre for Bioethics (JCB) for your program orientation session on Wednesday, September 12, 2018 @ 1:00pm in room 776. At this session, you will have an opportunity to meet your classmates, faculty members and receive information about the MHSc program’s overall structure and goals. Light refreshments will be served. Please RSVP to Terry (email@example.com) by Wednesday, September 5 to confirm your attendance and any food restrictions you may have.
- PHS Student Checklist
- Using your JOINid
- Getting Started – TCard, UTORid and email, Quercus, Registration
Registration deadline for students starting in Fall 2018 is Friday, September 14, 2018. Fee payments should be made 10 days prior to the registration deadline.
- Introducing ACORN– your Accessible Online Campus Resource Network
- School of Graduate Studies (SGS) information for new students
- Information for International Students
- Graduate Department of Public Health Sciences Student Handbook – 2018-19
- Student Success Centre
- Essential Guide for Grad Students (U of T School of Graduate Studies)
- Student Accounts
- 2018-19 Funding Policy for PhD students
- Award Payment Schedule
- Register without Payment form for non-cohort PhD and Master’s students only. PhD cohort students and OSAP recipients should request to register without payment on ACORN. Select Tuition Fee Deferral from the FINANCES menu.
Academic Program Information
CHL5004H: Introduction to Public Health Sciences (MPH, MSc and MScCH students)
CHL5005H: Introduction to Public Health Research (PhD students)
CHL5004H/CHL5005H runs from September 4 – 7, 2018, 9am – 5pm, and continues on the following Friday afternoons throughout the Fall session:
- September 14, 21, 28
- October 12, 19 and 26
- November 2
Graduate Academic Policies
- School of Graduate Studies Calendar
- Policy on Official Correspondence with Students
- Graduate Supervision
- Academic Integrity
- More policies…