Please join us for an Information Session on the NEW Mitacs Matched Practicum Funding opportunity on Monday October 16, 5-5:30pm.
Are you completing a practicum with a company, non-profit, or hospital this winter January 2024? Will you be getting some payment from your preceptor? If so, you could be eligible for matched funding through Mitacs!
Mitacs provides matched funding for 4 month practicums. These projects must have a partner sponsor that is willing to contribute at least $5,000 over that period of time. Specific eligibility requirements apply—please see here for details.
• Minimum stipend you will receive if successful: $10,000 (a $15,000 option is also available).
• In order to qualify a research proposal must be written and submitted to Mitacs.
• Application deadline: Nov 17th 2023
What does this mean for you?
• If you secure a practicum, please reach out to Christopher Dixon below to start the Mitacs application process.
• Mitacs will meet with you and the preceptor to discuss details and send you the Mitacs application form. This will take some time so please reach out as early as possible, preferably now until November.
• Submit the application fully completed and signed to Christopher by November 17.
• If approved, you will get a minimum of $10,000 for your practicum (this includes the preceptor contributions)
Come join us on October 16 at 5pm if you would like to learn more about this opportunity.