The Centre for Vaccine Preventable Diseases has no currently scheduled events.
To receive updates and registration information for future events and for our 2020-2021 seminar series, please register for our mailing list.
- On May 26, 2020, IHPME hosted a webinar, the path to an effective COVID-19 vaccine describing the pharmaceutical trajectory of new antiviral products from development through to testing and launch. It featured Professors Jeff Kwong, Vivek Goel, Terry Sullivan, and Mark Lievonen.
- On April 28, 2020, to celebrate World Immunization Week, the CVPD partnered with UNICEF Canada, and the Dalla Lana School of Public Health’s Centre for Global Health, to host a webinar on Maintaining Immunization Programs During an Emergency. Speakers included David Morley, C.M., President and CEO of UNICEF Canada; Natasha Crowcroft, Professor, DLSPH; Director, Centre for Vaccine Preventable Diseases; and Steven Moss, Physician, Paediatric Emergency Medicine, Sick Kids; Associate Professor, Department of Paediatrics, University of Toronto. The panel was moderated by Erica Di Ruggiero, Associate Professor DLSPH; Director of the Centre for Global Health, DLSPH
- On March 10, 2020, the CVPD hosted Dr. Nahuel Fittipaldi, who gave a seminar on Evolution of Streptococcus pneumoniae following vaccine introduction: A population-based approach
- On February 25, 2020 the CVPD hosted Dr. Sarah Buchan, who gave a seminar on Using Administrative Data to Study the Epidemiology of Herpes Zoster in Ontario
- On January 29, 2020, the CVPD hosted Dr. Kyla Hayford, who gave a seminar on Closing Immunity Gaps and Reaching Under- and Unvaccinated Children: Role of Serological Surveys to Support Immunization Programs in India and Zambia
- On December 4, 2019, the CVPD hosted Dr. Christopher Rutty, who gave a seminar on The Eradication of Smallpox After 40 Years: Vaccine Innovation, Canadian Leadership & Global Public Health; Looking Back & Learning Forward
- On November 13, 2019, the CVPD hosted Dr. Arlene King, Dr. Shelley Deeks, and the Centre for Vaccine Preventable Diseases’ director Dr. Natasha Crowcroft for a panel discussion on What it Means to be an International Expert for the World Health Organization, which was moderated by Dr. Erica Di Ruggiero.
- On October 23, 2019, the CVPD hosted Dr. Scott Gray-Owen, who gave a seminar on The Design and Build Approach: Engineering vaccines to confer broad protection against Neisseria gonorrhoeae
- On October 8, 2019, the CVPD hosted Dr. Zulfiqar Bhutta, who gave a seminar on Polio Endgame in Pakistan and Routine Immunizations
- On July 17, 2019, the CVPD hosted Dr. Rino Rappuoli – watch his talk on Vaccines against Anti-Microbial Resistance here.
- On May 16, 2019, the CVPD held the Vaccine Sciences Symposium – watch the symposium here.