To receive updates and registration information for our events, please register for our mailing list.
CVPD Seminar Series 2021-2022
- Monday May 30, 2022, 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. EDT – Speaker: Dr. Mohammed Abdullah, Title: Developing Point-of-Care Testing for COVID-19
- Monday, May 16, 2022, 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. EDT – Speaker: Dr. Anushka Ataullahjan, Title: Polio in Pakistan: understanding the barriers to eradication
- Monday, May 2, 2022, 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. EDT – Speaker: Dr. Segun Ogundele, Title: A Scoping Review of Health Actor Approaches to Financing Universal Coverage Strategies for Pneumococcal and Rotavirus Immunization Programs in Low- And Middle-Income Countries
- Monday April 11, 2022, 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. EDT – Speaker: Dr. Sharifa Nasreen, Title: Population-based incidence of pneumococcal disease in Ontario and British Columbia, 2005-2018: a Canadian Immunization Research Network (CIRN) study
- Monday April 4, 2022, 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. EDT – Speaker: Dr. Brenda Coleman, Title: Breakthrough infections in healthcare workers vaccinated against SARS-CoV-2: Interim report from the COVID-19 Cohort Study
- Monday February 28, 2022, 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. EST – Speaker: Salma Sheikh-Mohamed, Title: Investigating anti-SARS-CoV-2 antibody responses in the saliva following COVID-19 vaccination
- Monday February 7th, 2022 – 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. EST – Speaker: Dr. Gebremedhin Gebretekle, Title: Cost-effectiveness Analysis of Pneumococcal Vaccines for Older Adults in Ontario
- Monday, January 17th, 2022 – 12:00-1:00p.m. EST – Speakers: Vajini Atukorale, Kainat Bashir, Christoffer Dharma, Dane Mauer-Vakil, Mariame Ouedraogo, Mercedes Sobers, Title: An equity-focused evaluation of the COVID-19 vaccine rollout plans proposed by six Canadian provinces
- Monday, November 29th, 2021 – 12:00-1:00pm EST – Speakers: Dr. Arlene King, Dr. Srinivas Murthy, Title: Global equity in vaccination program and Canada’s role. Co-hosted with the Canadian Immunization Research Network (CIRN) Trainee Seminar Series
- Monday, November 15th, 2021 – 12:00-1:00p.m. EST – Speakers: Archchun Ariyarajah, Isha Berry, Victoria Haldane, and Miranda Loutet, of the COVID Vaccine Consensus (CVC) Working Group, Title: Delivery of COVID-19 vaccines in low- and middle-income countries: a Delphi survey to identify implementation barriers and enablers
- Monday, November 1st, 2021 – 12:00-1:00p.m. EDT – Speaker: Dr. Kate Allan, Title: Understanding parental vaccine hesitancy in Canada: Lessons for paediatric COVID-19 vaccination
- Thursday, October 7th, 2021 12:00-1:00 p.m. EDT – Speaker: Clarke Bhandari Cole, Title: Global Vaccine Market Shaping
- On Tuesday, May 3rd, 2022 the CVPD and CAIRE co-hosted Human Challenge Trials: Moving Vaccine Development Forward?, featuring Dr. Christopher Chiu, Dr. Scott Halperin, and moderators Dr. Shelly Bolotin and Dr. Manish Sadarangani
- On Tuesday, April 26th, 2022 the CVPD and UNICEF Canada co-hosted Road to Recovery for Routine Immunization: Lessons from COVID-19, featuring Dr. Ephrem T. Lemango, Julia Anderson, and moderator Dr. Shelly Bolotin
- On Monday, January 24th, 2022, the CVPD hosted a webinar on Community Outreach and Engagement in the COVID-19 Vaccine Rollout, featuring Sophia Ikura, Dr. Nicole Blackman, Francis Garwe and Moderator, Dr. Shelly Bolotin.
- On Monday, October 25th, 2021, the CVPD hosted a webinar on COVID-19 Vaccine Effectiveness and Safety in Canada: Where are we now?, featuring Dr. Jeff Kwong, Dr. Philip Awadalla, and Dr. Natalia Abraham
- Thursday, April 29, 2021, to celebrate World Immunization Week 2021, the Centre for Vaccine Preventable Diseases, Institute for Pandemics and UNICEF Canada hosted a panel discussion on Ensuring Global Access to COVID-19 Vaccines, featuring Onome Ako and David Morley, moderated by Dr. Ross Upshur.
- Monday, April 26, 2021, to celebrate World Immunization Week 2021, the Centre for Vaccine Preventable Diseases for a panel discussion on COVID-19 Vaccine Effectiveness, featuring Dr. Jeff Kwong, Dr. Nicole Basta, and Dr. Melissa Andrew.
- Monday, February 8th, 2021, the CVPD hosted a panel discussion on COVID-19 Vaccine Safety Surveillance in Canada, featuring Dr. Sarah Wilson, Dr. Julie Bettinger, and Dr. Karina Top
- Monday, December 7, 2020, the CVPD hosted a panel discussion on Routine Immunization Catch-up in Canada during COVID-19, featuring Dr. Shaun Morris, Karen Beckermann, and Ajit Johal
- On October 28, 2020, the CVPD and Joint Centre for Bioethics co-hosted a panel discussion on Defining COVID-19 Vaccination Priority Groups, featuring Dr. Matthew Tunis, Dr. Maxwell Smith, and Caroline Lidstone-Jones
- On September 28, 2020, the CVPD hosted a panel discussion on Attitudes to Vaccination, Misinformation, and Vaccine Uptake during COVID-19, featuring Dr. Shannon MacDonald, Dr. Devon Greyson, and Dr. Holly Witteman
- On August 25, 2020, the CVPD hosted a panel discussion on COVID-19 Immunity and Vaccine Development, featuring Dr. Tania Watts, Dr. Jean-Philippe Julien, and Dr. Jennifer Gommerman, and moderated by the CVPD’s Interim Director, Dr. Jeff Kwong.
- On May 26, 2020, IHPME hosted a webinar, the path to an effective COVID-19 vaccine describing the pharmaceutical trajectory of new antiviral products from development through to testing and launch. It featured Professors Jeff Kwong, Vivek Goel, Terry Sullivan, and Mark Lievonen.
- On April 28, 2020, to celebrate World Immunization Week 2020, the CVPD partnered with UNICEF Canada, and the Dalla Lana School of Public Health’s Centre for Global Health, to host a webinar on Maintaining Immunization Programs During an Emergency. Speakers included David Morley, C.M., President and CEO of UNICEF Canada; Natasha Crowcroft, Professor, DLSPH; Director, Centre for Vaccine Preventable Diseases; and Steven Moss, Physician, Paediatric Emergency Medicine, Sick Kids; Associate Professor, Department of Paediatrics, University of Toronto. The panel was moderated by Erica Di Ruggiero, Associate Professor DLSPH; Director of the Centre for Global Health, DLSPH