To receive updates and registration information for our events, please register for our mailing list.
World Immunization Week 2021 Webinars
- On Monday, April 26, 2021 12:00 – 1:00pm EDT, join the Centre for Vaccine Preventable Diseases for a panel discussion on COVID-19 Vaccine Effectiveness, featuring Dr. Jeff Kwong, Dr. Nicole Basta, and Dr. Melissa Andrew. – REGISTER HERE
- On Thursday, April 29th, 2021 1:00 – 2:00pm EDT, join the Centre for Vaccine Preventable Diseases, Institute for Pandemics and UNICEF Canada for a panel discussion on Ensuring Global Access to COVID-19 Vaccines, featuring Dr. Adrienne Chan, David Morley, and Dr. Sonali Kochhar, moderated by Dr. Ross Upshur. – REGISTER HERE
CVPD Seminar Series 2020-2021
- Monday, May 3, 2021 – 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. EDT – Speaker: Dr. Deshayne Fell, Topic: Immunization during pregnancy: Where have we been, where are we now, where are we going? – REGISTER HERE
- Monday, May 10, 2021 – 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. EDT – Speaker: Dr. Ann Burchell, Topic: Vaccination among people living with and at risk for HIV – REGISTER HERE
- Monday, May 31, 2021 – 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. EDT – Speaker: Clarke Bhandari Cole, Topic: Global Vaccine Market Shaping – REGISTER HERE
CVPD Seminar Series 2020-2021
- Monday, March 22, 2021 – 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. EDT – Dr. Senjuti Saha presented on Tackling Paediatric Infections in Low-Resource Settings
- Monday, March 8, 2021 – 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. EST – Dr. Pierre-Philippe Piché-Renaud presented on The Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Routine Childhood Immunizations
- Monday, February 22, 2021 – 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. EST – Dr. Maya Goldenberg presented on Understanding and Addressing Vaccine Hesitancy
- Monday, January 18, 2021 – 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. EST – Dr. Allison McGeer presented on Challenges in making progress in reducing the burden of pneumococcal disease in Canada
- Monday, January 11, 2021 – 10:00 – 11:00 a.m. EST – Dr. Melodie Yun-Ju Song presented on Addressing vaccine misinformation beyond clinical settings
- Monday, December 14, 2020 – 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. EST – Dr. Ross Upshur presented on COVID-19 Vaccine Trials: Ethical issues associated with early efficacy data
- Monday, November 16, 2020 – 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. EST – Dr. Maria Sundaram presented on Test-Negative Design for COVID-19 Epidemiology
- Tuesday, November 10, 2020 – 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. EST – Dr. Jillian Kohler presented on Corruption Risks Related to a COVID-19 Vaccine: Why Transparency and Accountability Matter
- Monday, February 8th, 2021, the CVPD hosted a panel discussion on COVID-19 Vaccine Safety Surveillance in Canada, featuring Dr. Sarah Wilson, Dr. Julie Bettinger, and Dr. Karina Top
- Monday, December 7, 2020, the CVPD hosted a panel discussion on Routine Immunization Catch-up in Canada during COVID-19, featuring Dr. Shaun Morris, Karen Beckermann, and Ajit Johal
- On October 28, 2020, the CVPD and Joint Centre for Bioethics co-hosted a panel discussion on Defining COVID-19 Vaccination Priority Groups, featuring Dr. Matthew Tunis, Dr. Maxwell Smith, and Caroline Lidstone-Jones
- On September 28, 2020, the CVPD hosted a panel discussion on Attitudes to Vaccination, Misinformation, and Vaccine Uptake during COVID-19, featuring Dr. Shannon MacDonald, Dr. Devon Greyson, and Dr. Holly Witteman
- On August 25, 2020, the CVPD hosted a panel discussion on COVID-19 Immunity and Vaccine Development, featuring Dr. Tania Watts, Dr. Jean-Philippe Julien, and Dr. Jennifer Gommerman, and moderated by the CVPD’s Interim Director, Dr. Jeff Kwong.
- On May 26, 2020, IHPME hosted a webinar, the path to an effective COVID-19 vaccine describing the pharmaceutical trajectory of new antiviral products from development through to testing and launch. It featured Professors Jeff Kwong, Vivek Goel, Terry Sullivan, and Mark Lievonen.
- On April 28, 2020, to celebrate World Immunization Week, the CVPD partnered with UNICEF Canada, and the Dalla Lana School of Public Health’s Centre for Global Health, to host a webinar on Maintaining Immunization Programs During an Emergency. Speakers included David Morley, C.M., President and CEO of UNICEF Canada; Natasha Crowcroft, Professor, DLSPH; Director, Centre for Vaccine Preventable Diseases; and Steven Moss, Physician, Paediatric Emergency Medicine, Sick Kids; Associate Professor, Department of Paediatrics, University of Toronto. The panel was moderated by Erica Di Ruggiero, Associate Professor DLSPH; Director of the Centre for Global Health, DLSPH