The Office of Research is a central resource for researchers at the Dalla Lana School of Public Health. Working under the direction of the Associate Dean of Research, the Office of Research staff support researchers throughout the project lifecycle. The multidisciplinary team is comprised of epidemiologists, biostatisticians, study coordinators and staff, who provide a core suite of support services to enhance faculty productivity across the research project life cycle. We are here to help you with activities including customized funding searches, grant development, study design, coordination and data analysis.
The Office of Research staff work with investigators throughout the proposal cycle. Our goal is to improve the overall success rates of grant applications and enable researchers to apply for more funding.
The Research Grant Development Officer offers research proposal support including: writing and editing support; facilitating the overall grant process; and ensuring proposals adhere to agency guidelines. Please contact the Research Grant Development Officer well in advance of the grant competition internal deadline if you require assistance (minimum 2 weeks). This service is offered at no cost to our faculty for grants where funds will be held either partially or in full at DLSPH.
- Consultation on study design, Sample size calculations
- Budget preparation
- Questionnaire design
- Statistical methodology
Some researchers choose to have The Office of Research run all aspects of their study from start to finish – which provides continuity of data collection and analysis, as well as a high standard of data quality
- Recruitment of cases and controls
- Data collection and storage
- Interviewing, Mail and telephone surveys
- Database design and setup, Data entry
- Data cleaning, Database conversion
- Statistical analysis and interpretation of results
- Consultation on knowledge translation and exchange strategies
- Designing a dissemination plan
DLSPH Analytics & Reporting
The Office of Research collects and reports on grants, funding, publications, collaborations and other DLSPH related data.
Request REDCap access via ESC
- Download and fill out the REDCap request form
- Requests for REDCap access should be made through the Enterprise Service Centre (uoft.me/esc)
- Once there, click on IT Service Centre
- Then Click on Get Help
- In the drop-down menus provided
- Choose Research Tools on “Please indicate the area in which you are experiencing an issue:“
- Choose REDCap on “Further specify the area:“
- Type “Request for access to REDCap” in the box
- Click “Add attachments” at the bottom, upload the filled out form in step 1
- Click “Submit“