On behalf of the faculty and staff, we would like to welcome you to the Department of Public Health Sciences, in the Dalla Lana School of Public Health, at the University of Toronto. Below is administrative and academic information to help you begin your studies. Please contact the Graduate Office if you require assistance.
- Doctoral Orientation 2021 Presentations:
- Master’s Orientation Information Sessions:
- Monday, July 19, 2021 @ 10:00am
- Thursday, August 5, 2021 @ 2:00pm EDT
- School of Graduate Studies (SGS) Virtual Orientation Events 2021
- PHS Student Checklist
- Sending Official Transcripts
- Getting Started – TCard, UTORid and email, Quercus, Registration
- Introducing ACORN– your Accessible Online Campus Resource Network
- Graduate Department of Public Health Sciences Student Handbook – 2021-22
- School of Graduate Studies (SGS) information for new students
Tuition Fees and Registration
Paying Tuition and Fees
Tuition fee schedules are available on the Student Accounts website.
Payments within Canada can be made from a Canadian bank account or with a Canadian dollar credit card. Information is available on the Student Accounts website under the Making Payments menu.
Information is also available for students paying fees from outside of Canada.
OSAP, Canada Student Loan and US Student Loan recipients
Students who have received notification of funding through the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) for their U of T program may Register Without Payment (tuition fee deferral) through ACORN, up to the registration deadline, as long as the amount of the loan covers the minimum payment and no outstanding fees are owing. Register Without Payment may also be available for recipients of some US government loans. Please see the Student Accounts website for details.
Request to Register Without Payment (Fee Deferral) for Graduate students with funding commitments
PhD Students who are in the funded cohort and are receiving funding as part of the Graduate Department of Public Health Sciences PhD Funding Policy, should request a Tuition Fee Deferral in ACORN.
Click on ‘Tuition Fee Deferral’ under the FINANCES heading of the left-hand menu. If the tuition deferral function is not available for you, please contact the Graduate Office.
Students who are outside of the funded cohort, but are receiving funding must make their request with the Graduate Department of Public Health Sciences using the Register Without Payment (Fee Deferral) Fall 2021 form found on the SGS website under the Registration, Enrolment, Program Status menu.
Awards administered by the University of Toronto are processed according to this Award Payment Schedule
PhD Funding Policy
Information for International Students
- SGS International Students Portal
- Centre for International Experience Grad Step Up
- Pre-arrival and Entry to Canada information
Course Enrolment Information
The University of Toronto has identified the following minimum technical requirements needed for students to access remote/online learning. Details are available here.
The DLSPH Helpdesk is available to assist students with technical questions about IT and educational technology: email@example.com
- St. George campus map
- Health Sciences Building and surrounding area
- U of T Libraries
- Health Sciences Writing Centre
- Student Life and University Services
- Centre for International Experience