On behalf of the faculty and staff, we would like to welcome you to the Department of Public Health Sciences, in the Dalla Lana School of Public Health, at the University of Toronto. Below is administrative and academic information to help you begin your studies. Please contact the Graduate Office if you require assistance.
- PhD Orientation – June 2020 presentations
- Master’s Orientation – July 2020 presentation
- SGS Graduate Orientation Events
- Join the SGS welcome orientation on September 8, 2020 at 10:00 AM (EDT)After opening remarks from School of Graduate Studies’ Dean Joshua Barker and a keynote presentation on life a graduate student by recent graduate Dr. Cristina D’Amico, SGS will be hosting small Zoom break-out rooms of 10-12 people.Self-enroll here (login with UTORid and password) to find out more about SGS orientation events!
- PHS Student Checklist
- Getting Started – TCard, UTORid and email, Quercus, Registration
- Introducing ACORN– your Accessible Online Campus Resource Network
- Graduate Department of Public Health Sciences Student Handbook – 2020-21
- School of Graduate Studies (SGS) information for new students
- Student Accounts
- Register without Payment form for non-cohort PhD and Master’s students only. PhD cohort students and OSAP recipients should request to register without payment on ACORN. Select Tuition Fee Deferral from the FINANCES menu.
- Tuition Fee deferral (OSAP)
- Funding Policy for PhD students
- Award Payment Schedule
Information for International Students
Introduction to Public Health Course Information
CHL5004H: Introduction to Public Health Sciences (MPH, MSc and MScCH students)
CHL5005H: Public Health Research (PhD students)
CHL5004H and CHL5005H are offered together as 5-day intensive courses from
August 31 – September 4, 2020, 9am – 3pm.
Course Enrolment Information
The University of Toronto has identified the following minimum technical requirements needed for students to access remote/online learning. Details are available here.
The DLSPH Helpdesk is available to assist students with technical questions about IT and educational technology: email@example.com
- St. George campus
- Health Sciences Building and surrounding area
- Health Sciences Writing Centre
- Student Life and University Services