Goals of the WHO Collaborating Centre on Health Promotion:
WHO CC on Health Promotion has a primary link to the Pan-American Health Organization (PAHO) and is engaged to assist PAHO to meet its strategic agenda in the health promotion arena through development of training materials, and the preparation of reports, tools and guides on health promotion, social determinants of health, urban health, and equity.
Workplan Activities 2021-2025
- Review and revise the PAHO/WHO Virtual course on Health Promotion
- Provide technical advice and feedback on documents and materials developed by PAHO
- Develop a guide about the role of health promotion in primary care
- Review and Update the 2007 Guide to Economic Evaluation in Health Promotion
- Develop recommendations for mobilizing civil society in community health
- Provide input into PAHO’s health promotion impact monitoring system
To learn more about the history of the WHO CC on Health Promotion at the University of Toronto please read Reflections on the WHO Collaborating Centre for Health: Past, Present and Future
For more information on WHO Collaborating centres, visit the WHO website
The WHO CC on Health Promotion is supporting the Sustainable Development Goals including SDG#3 – Good Health and Well Being, SDG#10 – Reduced Inequalities, and SDG #11 – Sustainable Cities and Communities.