- Email Address(es)
- Office Phone
- Office Address
- Public Health Ontario 480 University Avenue, Suite 300 Toronto, Ontario M5G 1V2
- Public Health Ontario
- Epidemiology Division
- Assistant Professor
- SGS Status
- Associate Member
- Appointment Status
- Status Only
- Vaccine-preventable diseases
- Population immunity
- Syndromic surveillance
Education & Training History
- Doctor of philosophy (Microbiology), University of Toronto
- Master of science (Public Health), London School of Hygiene Tropical Medicine
- Master of science (Virology), University of Toronto
Scientist – Public Health Ontario
Current Research Projects
- Establishing a seroepidemiology program to determine whether Canada is at risk of measles or varicella epidemics. Parameters derived from testing of sera samples from the population and mixture modelling are used in a mathematical model to determine the population’s immunity to measles and predict the risk of future outbreaks or epidemics.
- Examining associations between elevated liver cancer incidence rates, hepatitis B and C, and immigration patterns within the Toronto, York, Peel, and Ottawa regions
- Examining the correlation between pertussis severity and laboratory PCR testing cycle threshold values.
- Co-investigator for the Syndromic Surveillance Evaluation Study, which seeks to develop a set of statistical algorithms to detect aberrant events in syndromic surveillance data and associated response protocols.