Amy McPherson PhD, CPsychol, AFBPsS
- Email Address(es)
- Office Phone
- 416 425 6220 x6378
- Office Address
- Bloorview Research Institute, Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital 150 Kilgour Road Toronto, ON M4G 1R8
- Social & Behavioural Health Sciences Division
- Associate Professor
- SGS Status
- Full Member
- Appointment Status
- Status Only
- children and youth
- chronic conditions / disability
- health and well-being/ health promotion
- participation and inclusion
- multimedia education
- healthcare consultations
Education & Training History
I have a PhD in Health Psychology from the University of Nottingham, UK, and am a Chartered Psychologist with the British Psychological Society.
Current Research Projects
- Cheap Tramadol Uk An environmental scan of weight assessment and management practices in paediatric spina bifida clinics across Canada. McPherson, AC (PI), Church, P, Lyons, J, Chen, L. (CIs)
- http://fuelcommunications.com/?wordfence_lh=1 How do children with disabilities view health & well-being? A qualitative exploratory study. Principal investigator (PI) Amy McPherson, co-investigator (CI) Sally Lindsay
- follow site Evaluation of a health promotion program for children with disabilities. PI Amy McPherson, CI Sally Lindsay
- Order Tramadol From Thailand Development of a quality assessment tool for online health information aimed at children and youth about paediatric chronic conditions. PI Amy McPherson, CI Jennifer Stinson.
- Buying Tramadol A retrospective mixed-methods study of the effects of an immersion independence program for youth with disabilities. Co-PIs Gillian King & Shauna Kingsnorth, CIs Amy McPherson, Kimberlea Jones- Galley.
- enter site McPherson, AC & Lindsay, S. (2012) How do children with disabilities view ‘healthy living’? A pilot study. Disability & Health Journal 5 (3) 201-209.
- King, G, Curran, CJ, http://caligemhealth.com.au/?r=0.6227855015453907 McPherson, AC. (2012) A Four-Part Ecological Model of Community-focused Therapeutic Recreation and Life Skills Services to Support the Participation of Children with Disabilities. Child: Care, Health & Development. DOI: 10.1111/j.1365-2214.2012.01390.x
- Wells, F, Ritchie, D, enter McPherson, AC. (2012) “It is life threatening but I don’t mind”. A qualitative study using Photo Elicitation Interviews to explore young people’s experiences of renal replacement therapies. Child: Care, Health & Development. DOI: 10.1111/j.1365-2214.2012.01399.x http://rawrevive.com/strawberry-lemonade-parfait-and-sweetly-raw-cookbook-review/ .
- Lindsay, SL & go site McPherson, AC (2011) Experiences of social exclusion and bullying at school among children and youth with cerebral palsy. Disability & Rehabilitation 1-9, Early Online. DOI: 10.3109/09638288.2011.587086.
- Lindsay, SL & Tramadol For Pets Online McPherson, AC (2011) Strategies for improving disability awareness and social inclusion: Listening to the voices of children with cerebral palsy. Published online Child: Care, Health & Development. 38 (6) 809-816.
- Best Price Tramadol Online McPherson, AC (2010) Involving children: Why it matters. Ch 2 in SA Redsell & A Hastings Listening to children and young people in healthcare consultations. Radcliffe: Oxford.
- Purchase Tramadol For Dogs McPherson, AC & Redsell, SA (2009) Factors affecting children’s involvement in asthma consultations: a questionnaire survey of general practitioners and primary care asthma nurses. Primary Care Respiratory Journal 18(1), 15-20.
- Glazebrook, C, http://therapeuticaxis.com.au/counseling-psychotherapy/child-counselling/ McPherson, AC, Macdonald, IA, Swift, JA, Ramsay, C, Newbould, R. & Smyth, A (2006) Asthma as a barrier to children’s physical activity: implications for body mass index and mental health. Pediatrics 118(6), 2443-2449.
- Tramadol Order Overnight Shipping McPherson, AC, Glazebrook, C, Forster, D, James, C & Smyth, A. (2006) A Randomised, Controlled Trial to evaluate an interactive educational computer package for children with Asthma. Pediatrics 117,1046-1054.
- McPherson, AC, Glazebrook, C, Smyth, A (2005) Educational interventions- computers for delivering education to children with respiratory conditions and their parents. Paediatric Respiratory Reviews, 6, 215- 226
- McPherson, A, Forster, D, Glazebrook, C, Smyth, A (2002) The Asthma Files: Evaluation of a multimedia package for children’s asthma education. Paediatric Nursing 14 (2), 32- 35.
- McPherson, A, Glazebrook, C & Smyth, A (2001) Double click for health: the role of multimedia in asthma education. Archives of Disease in Childhood 85, 447-449.